Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

You know how it is...

Poster: A snowHead
It's always the same story....

You spend all spring and summer fighting S.A.D (Snow deprivation Affective Disorder) symptoms, being impossible to live with, moaning at the high temps..

Then you spend Autumn from shop to shop, with entire days spent browsing the net for all the gear and the bargains..You, despite having spent the previous few months convincing yourself that you had everything you needed and that last year's gear was in good shape, inevitably end up going for a spending spree of biblical proportion...making yourself feel better in the process by calculating that after having sold all the old gear on Ebay, it won't be that expensive anyway (despite the fact that you already have a garage/loft full of "old" gear that was never sold to pay the the previous year's spending)...
Autumn is also the time where most of us spend endless hours thinking and worrying about the next trip...and for the unlucky ones, organising it... The uber organised will have done that the previous winter or in the summer, but they're probably freaks so we'll just ignore them for the purpose of this study..

Then we spend most of December chomping at the bits and day dreaming about white fields of untouched snow...

And finally it's there! Deliverance!.....Happiness!.... Heaven!

But it's gone in a flash and the cycle starts again! Sad
Anyway, this is mother nature's law...no point fighting it...

I therefore popped into TK Maxx this lunch time (boss not around) for a quick browse...

And of course I came out with a niiiiiiiiiiice jacket:
Orage Atmos Jacket
in this color:
black with pattern

Despite the fact that I have a perfectly good one at home! Embarassed

But at £99 instead of £350, what was I suppose to do....I am only human! Toofy Grin snowHead Cool

Now I hope this post self destructs very soon cos' considering I have already bought some Burton gloves and that we got plenty of real expenses coming our way, if the wife's finds out, I am as good as dead. Confused

So any suggestions as to how to make the arrival of the new jacket pass unnoticed would be very welcome... Toofy Grin

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 23-10-08 14:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kruisler, take the labels off, screw it up, and place at the bottom of your ski or boot bag. 2 weeks before your 1st trip, "discover it" and announce that it needs washing before your holiday. When she says "I haven't seen that before", convince her that she is losing it, and that you wore it all the time last season Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B,

That sounds perfect! Been there before have we? Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kruisler, man up, just tell her "look, I have a new jacket, deal with that".

I have a serious jacket problem, I now have 5 or so perfectly good jackets, I'm just a last seasonsjacketophobe. Jackets for all occasions is my best excuse, "this one is for zermatt in summer, this one is for cold january days, this is for the park, this is for off piste" See, I can justify them all Laughing Same goes for trousers but I have less trouble justifying them as I always wear out the ends walking on them with my gangsta steez Laughing

I feel your stress though, I've just rediscovered the dangling carrot that is metcheck weather reports, ooh ooh its going to dump, 1 day later snow is all gone and freezing levels are 4000 metres Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kruisler, my excuse is ...... " Look it was a bargain ok ? I have never bought any gear at full price ... you on the other hand spent over £400 on Westbeach gear before ever setting foot on a mountain !"

works every time snowHead Laughing Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, DebbiDoesSnow,
Thanks but I prefer Elizabeth B's cowardly method! Laughing
Especially since in all of last year's photos I am wearing my soft shell and not the jacket....

Or..my new jacket has some sort of integrated/detachable balaclava, so I could just wear it to rob the nearest bank and fund its purchase.. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler, i bought the same one in an Irish TackyMax for the OH (mens jackets fit her chesticles better apparently). really nice quality eh? have you noticed the little "watch porthole" on the sleeve?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kruisler, ok option 3 ..... take all the labels off, say its your mates & you traded it for a xxxxxxx as it was too big/small for him wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rogg,
I did! At first I wondered what this was for..then tried the jacket on and realised! Laughing
Except that with my burton impact gloves I won't be able to wear a watch... rolling eyes

Where I did find they're pushing it a bit is with the "hydration system compatible" thing...basically a hole for the hydration tube but I don't really get how it is suppose to work.. are they expecting us to wear the hydration pack underneaht the jacket???...If not, how does their system help? If you figure this one out please let me know!

The rest of the jacket is just great..I hope it is as good as it looks/feel..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
DebbiDoesSnow,

now you're talking!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kruisler, i think that's the plan. any idea what the hiking suspenders are for?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rogg,

I was intrigued by those as well. I suppose maybe it helps the jacket keep its shape and stay comfortable if you carry a lot of weight on your back (ski touring?)

I can only assume because my jacket does not have the suspenders. First thing I knew about them was from the Orage website. I fisrt assumed they'd got "lost in transit", which I ain't fussed about since I can't really see myself ever needing them. But then I noticed, from the website picture, that my jacket does not even have the (permanent looking) "loops" the suspenders attach to at the bottom/side of the jacket.

very confusing...It's definitively an Atmos as per its label and the look of everything else...but it's somehow missing things.. Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kruisler, but the big question has still not been answered ..... how did you get it past the wife ???
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Seems to me that if you all spent less on unnecessary gear you could go on more holidays and actually get to use the stuff you've already got.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DebbiDoesSnow,

Toofy Grin

Right, the jacket made it safely into the house...unnoticed! Laughing
I have now got to decide between Elizabeth B's and your method... Yours is in the lead (cos I wanna play with the jacket before the trip)....but I'll wait till next month to "come out", once the difficult pill of over £300 to spend on the Beetle to pass the MOT and the two car taxes (£400) has been "swallowed"...

I'm very diplomatic me! wink

Now a bigger question: should there be any secrets in a marriage! Laughing
snow conditions
Lizzard,

Since when are we supposed to be reasonnable, wise and organised? Toofy Grin

I am fortunate enough that I can kind of afford the gear...and the trips... it takes thinking but it's doable..

it's just that the OH would rather I spend that money on silly stuff like the house, family holidays or the kids....I mean, why would anyone do that????
latest report
Kruisler, I though secrets were the linch pin of a decent relationship wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Since when are we supposed to be reasonnable, wise and organised?

You're supposed to like wintersports, not poncing around like an overstuffed clothes horse. Laughing
snow report
Lizzard,

I have just recently recovered photo albums with some photos of my skiing efforts in the early nineties.... I intend to scan them, and the (un)lucky ones will be able to see the result on Facebook soon...
Once they see this, they'll realise, like I did, why it is important to pay attention to the way we look...

No fartbag, but my god the colours!!! My eyes are still bleeding! Toofy Grin

Never again! So I feel a regular renewal of outfits is a good thing! wink
latest report
I doubt any ski clothing is eternally fashionable.
latest report
Kruisler, you are a marketing monkey's wet dream. Laughing

Personally I will be wearing my snot-green board pants until well after the colour is out of fashion. It will make me easier to spot on the slopes.
snow report
Kruisler, I keep meaning to get mine out too ! I had a dodgy perm and a David Icke aqua blue Shell suit affair Embarassed Embarassed Laughing
latest report
Lizzard,

When it comes to snow and various gadgets....yes.. Embarassed

I am ok with the rest though so it balances out! Very Happy

DB, is any clothing?
But there's "out of fashion".... and "what were you thinking!" Laughing
snow report
Kruisler, In view of the very helpful and well meant advice you've received on this thread, I do feel that it would be very inconsiderate of you to post those pictures only on facebook and not share them with the masses... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots,

My life would be over if I did this! Laughing
I got to keep a minimum of dignity!
ski holidays
Well I have no such feeble inhibitions. How's this?

Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard,

You're braver than I am! Laughing

the haircut is a bit dubious, but compared to my photos you're looking good believe me!
Embarassed
snow conditions
Phew, no one noticed my admission above
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow,

When I put those photos on facebook, I'll be requesting yours....only fair...

"I show you mine, you me yours!" Toofy Grin
snow report
Kruisler, I assume you will be posting them in the Snowheads group so we can all see them?
snow report
Lizzard,

I might... Toofy Grin

purple, turquoise, bright green is all I'll say at this point! wink Shocked
latest report
Kruisler, one of my FEMALE friends had one in those colours... were you taking the Bi thing a bit too far ?? Laughing
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, maybe it was before he had the op? wink
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, It didn't pass me by.. Shocked And I demand to see evidence....!! Toofy Grin

Lizzard, Applauding the bravery Cool and loving the pic Laughing Laughing

Kruisler, C'mon whoosy (sp?)... just think how much better you'll feel once you've paid the price for that jacket in humiliation.... the wife might even forgive you.. Toofy Grin
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow,

Never doubted my sexuality but those images did upset me! Laughing

I think I must have gone through some king of experimentation phase....or it's just that I am french... Toofy Grin
snow report
Kruisler, That would explain it... it was a french bf that talked me into my first and only fartbag Confused
latest report
Lizzard wrote:
Seems to me that if you all spent less on unnecessary gear you could go on more holidays and actually get to use the stuff you've already got.

the other half doesn't have a jacket - i think one is quite a good idea in colorado in february, or do you think it's unnecessary - now i'm wondering does she need trousers, or would a pair of jeans do........ answers on a postcard to......
ski holidays
Lizzard, I will see you and raise you on that combo when I finally get round to getting mine down from the loft !
ski holidays
Lizzard, most embarrassing Shocked ............. the skis I mean Very Happy
latest report
Lizzard,

Nice pic, at least it's not as bad as this Wink Toofy Grin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsgimblett/482409208/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy