Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

alpineelements.co.uk

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anybody used www.alpineelements.co.uk

Im Looking at a couple of there chalets for this comming winter. Prob' Tignes. for 3 people.

Any experience with them or alternative ideas appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went with them March this year.
Just after booking I found loads of horror stories and was really worried.
We were in the Chalet des Neiges in Arc2000. We were a group of 7 in a 16 bed chalet.
As it turned out it was a great holiday.
The other guests in the chalet were fantastic (always a worry that they will be your opposites). The chalet boys made the holiday for us - they would meet up with us in the afternoon and join us skiing. The food was plentiful and the amount of wine that was drunk was impressive.
I'm not saying it was a 5* experience. Sometimes the boys weren't quite so thorough with their cleaning. The rooms were a bit dinky and they almost run out of loo rolls. But considering I was expecting something dire, it turned out to be the best ski hol I've had so far (out of about 8.)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Search a few forums for comments on them and their previous incarnation, Snowboard Lodge. I'm not saying anymore as they are very litigious. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very much the budget end of the market - more budget than Skiworld for instance. This is fine if you enter into it knowing that all your catering/cleaning will be done by a hungover 18 year old who may not know one end of a mop from the other. If you can cope with that you'll likely have a fun and cheap holiday. If you stump up your 400 quid or whatever in the expectation of peacock and chips then you'll be disappointed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry, went to Les Gets with them in March. Stayed at the Hotel Chamois, which we later christened (along with several other guests) 'Hotel Shammy'. The place wasn't brochured up as anything special – basic, 2-star but with everything you need - and it lived up to the billing. However, the AE staff were brilliant and really were helpful to say the least. The rep, Ed, was a top bloke with extensive knowledge of the PDS area, and the hotel staff were a bit seasoned out by March but willing to give us info etc, when we needed it.

There are quite a few bad threads on sites like SCUK but if you have a search on tripadvisor.com (for the chalet name int he resort you're aiming for) you might bring up a few different reviews. I think many of the bad comments stem from AE's seasonaire company that I believe has gone the way of the boot. Seems they just focus on holidays now.

I was wary like you after reading bad posts on websites, but I was pleasently surprised with them.

gorilla, £400 is the budget end? Take it you have a forest of money trees in your back yard! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman, Grim up North? Not going to get into a discussion over what is budget and what isn't but 400 quid is floor price for somewhere like Tignes if you're pre-booking somewhere catered with flights. That does put AE in the cheap end of the market.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gorilla, that was a joke, hence the smileys. Have a banana and chill while I get back to counting my flat caps and walking my whippets... Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've been with them quite a few times and would happily go again. Food on the whole is top notch and if I recollect wine is endless. The accomodation can be a little cramped but that's the nature of these things whoever you go with. I've always sorted my own in liftpass in advance which I'd advise as there tends to be first day faffing and although the chalet staff have always been good, area rep's in my experience are a tad hit and miss. I've had one bad experience with them where the accomodation and wider set-up was not as advertised. After some chasing up they paid myself and other guests a fair amount of compensation and also put a disclaimer on their website!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed with then in Chalet La Seigneurie - Les Gets at Easter. On the whole very good but not quite the luxury chalet that they advertised (chalet was rather cramped). Chalet guys were a couple of decent blokes. SilverSki a better bet in my opinion
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy