Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whats the worst job you ever had?

Poster: A snowHead
I have just been listening to Derek and Clive (some of you out there will know what I am talking about. If not just google D and C) which has inspired me to ask all you instructors / coaches out there...

What's the worst job you ever had?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Egg collecting in a poultry unit.

Temp's in the 90s (or more), In the dark, Air thick with dust, feed and feathers, pecked by chickens as you go past.

Needless to say I've never really eaten Chicken since.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
elbrus, I once made tomato ketcup to earn some money to go skiing. Since then I have avoided ketchup from a well known fast food chain that sells burgers! It amazing what you will do just to get to ski!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Picking lobsters out of Jane Maynsfields ...............
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LARGEZOOKEEPER, I take it you dropped through the cavity where her gall bladder once was. Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
david@mediacopy, Not wishing to sound erm boastful Confused , my job was similar but worse. I had to hand pluck the dead chickens in the large barns, the ones that just died (there are many in the large sheds).

Still like chicken though Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stripping out burnt out buildings....12 hour days wearing full protective kit +respirator with only a chain saw and a crow bar to take out floor joists 3 levels up [without scafolding or any other safety equipment]
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
worst job I ever heard of was a couple of guys who used to clean up after police forensics or SOCO had finished with a crimescene....my worst job was selling them the cleaning products to do it
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was a non stop dancer once.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, this bloke came up to me....and he said you ....! I said you wot. He said you ...!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
elbrus, He said i'm a non stop dancer, i said...., why aren't you dancing, he said i'm unemployed, the .... Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, is this anyway to run a ...... ball room?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
elbrus, We used to love it back in the day a certain Ski Boot fitter, is called Colin,

" 'ello, Colin, ain't seen you for a while, how's the family..........yeah, oh yeah, ....."
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, its classic stuff. Still has me in fits. I got "get the horn" DVD as a gift recently. Its great. You can also down load of D and C stuff now. Its time to get it out there again.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
elbrus, I got 'Ad Nausium' live in the studio, watching them trying to follow a script, pi$$ed with a rubber doll is classi
ski holidays
Milk round - get up really early, get shouted at by almost everyone and bl**dy hard work. Much harder than horses.. Shocked
ski holidays
david@mediacopy wrote:
Egg collecting in a poultry unit.

Temp's in the 90s (or more), In the dark, Air thick with dust, feed and feathers, pecked by chickens as you go past.

Needless to say I've never really eaten Chicken since.

I used to love doing that. it was feeding the sheep afterwards that I wasn't so keen on, once they see you with a bag of food you're a marked man.
snow report
OK, I'm not an instructor, but I'll chip in. The first work I ever did to earn some extra cash (in the days when a kid could get away with doing stuff they probably shouldn't have been doing) was seasonal turkey plucking including catching and killing, dirty, filthy work and horrid if they had lice, but by crikey did I earn some cash doing it - I could do six an hour and earned enough to go to the States for a month when I was eighteen.
snow conditions
Hoeing cabbages!!! Evil or Very Mad

Did it to help out someone's dad.... then we understood why he could not get anyone to do the damn job....
snow report
Mercerising cotton Sad
Five hours into the night you notice that your hands are becoming soapy and the skin is starting to dissolve...
ski holidays
"and a little bit of paper came under the f****** door" "are you Andy?
snow conditions
I went to sea....on a bogey!
snow report
andyjc, bogeys are not sea worthey, and who would listen, ******* nobody!
latest report
This one!
latest report
I once spent 4 days sorting out a sack of screws in a dusty Brisbane shed.

I have worked as a poultry farmer and I'd rather shovel chicken $h!te any day of the week than sitting in a metal shed in tropical heat having my mind numbed making smaller piles of screws from a larger pile. The closest I'll ever get to Sisyphus.
snow conditions
The_Hirsty, funnily enough, I have shovelled chickenshit in Queensland.
snow report
I feel your pain
snow conditions
Stacking shelves in Tesco is the worst thing i've ever done-hard life i know-would never consider doing it again. Mind numbingly dull.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On a pneumatic drill.

Drilling holes in concrete. No goggles. No ear defenders.

Working with a Polish gang, surpringly - but they were older Poles from the wartime generation. Sikh carpenters were interesting. Indian tools were different to the ones we have in the West

Still it was Summertime. So it could have been worse.
latest report
My first Saturday job was in T.J.Hughes department store. this was in the late 70s when the IRA were particulalry active. I worked in the white goods section and at the end of the day we had to check all the appliances for explosive devices. This invovled opening fridge/washing machine doors and looking inside. Not as bad as my mate though who worked in menswear and had to pat pockets.

Second Saturday job was in the restaurant at British Home Stores - washing dishes was particularly chunder inducing Shocked
snow report
Worst= Importing/exporting IT consumables. (office jobs suck)
Best= 8 years of white water rafting.
latest report
Cleaning toilets after an Air India delayed flight Shocked
ski holidays
washed dishes for 6 years for very little pay - who said slavery was dead!
latest report
Not an instructor either but...
Packing virgin cola bottles into cardboard cartons for 12 hour shifts.
Each day my hands were shredded to pieces with new papercuts on older papercuts, and the cola seeping into the cuts burned like acid. Fun times. rolling eyes

........But I saved up enough to buy the future Mrs Cormid80's engagement ring Little Angel
ski holidays
Worst Job = Filing burrs off castings for two months as an apprentice (this may not mean that much to folks who have no experience of manufacturing, but it wasn't much fun).

Best Job = Working as a gym instructor for a year. Pay not great but a real sense of achievement after every class.

Current Job = IT Manager for a medium-sized, UK based company.
latest report
sounds like sheer luxury...
ski holidays
bin man for 4 days! I really respect bin men now after doing it myself.
ski holidays
The only hospital placement I could get when doing work experience at school was in canteen (3 days, slave labour) but last two days was the worst - spent two days weighing 1oz pieces of brown bread in a very small special diet section of kitchen with a sweaty randy chef (well I thought he was a chef but prob wasn't).
I was SO pleased to leave there on the Friday evening, I remember walking out with my head held high having 'survived' and ruined it all by falling straight on my backside and sliding a couple of metres right in the middle of the main ruddy kitchen Embarassed Embarassed

Work experience ain't what it used to be......
snow conditions
My Current job,

i hate it, sat in front of a computer everyday ;-(
latest report
Worst job - sorting Christmas mail on the night shift
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy