Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Choosing a operator to avoid a pear shaped holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone got some suggestions where I can book a good ski holiday?

Have been to some of the high streets but they are all so expensive, and I do not want to end up stuck in some decrepid chalet in the middle of nowhere, I would like a nice resort like Arc 1950?

Ive looked at Ski Lovers, J2SKI, Snowfinders and SkiCentral?

Any ideas?

I am going in a group of about 7 people, want to get away for 10 days, so got some time to practice, have a few lessons etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
danielfoley, I love silver ski and ski olympic. Not sure about 10 days though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
think you might struggle to get 10 days from a tour operator in a european resort. common length for us and canadian holidays. you might try posting on chaletfinders in the solutions room and ask people there to pimp you a 10 day holiday - you might have a chance away from peak season weeks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Daniel

I have just sent you a pm, if you want to check your snowhead messages.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
danielfoley, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead A key first decision is when to go. Your best bet, if you want to avoid both expense and crowds, is to go low season. January/first week in Feb, or mid March - Easter. There are lots of threads on Snowheads about when the busiest times (ie school holidays) are. One good bet if you want to keep costs low is to DIY, book a big self catering apartment for two weeks, whever you fancy, and then books your flights within that two weeks. The cost of the apartment, in low season, would not be a major part of your expense so leaving it empty for four day is not a disaster, and enables you to get some lower cost mid week flights (from Tuesday of week 1 to Thursday of week 2, for example). There are masses of options but you need to be a bit more specific about when, and where. Then the suggestions will flood in.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
danielfoley, you might look at the thread in Chalets and Apartments listing apartments owned by snowHeads - I'm sure some of them might consider unusual durations. Even if they don't, paying for 14 days and leaving after 10 may still be cheaper than a TO
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chalet Finder is a good place to look...we can do ten day holidays in our Tignes chalet hotel (depending on when you want to go and what's available) as we do transfers Sundays and Thursdays.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy