Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Banff / Lake Louise Snow Report - Video!

Poster: A snowHead
Banff Lake Louise has launched a weekly video-based snow report, so you can see the powder and sunshine up close.

Watch the videos here:

http://ca.youtube.com/user/banfflakelouise2
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
banfflakelouise,

Welcome to snowheads. This time 4 years ago I was in Lake Louise on honeymoon. Fantastic place Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
this thread should be deleted immediately...

I mean... it's just not fair! Banff is over there, i'm over here and i have no way of getting over there!!! Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@johnboy - a Winter honeymoon! that must have been amazing.

@shoogly - don't wait for continental drift to bring you closer -- drop everything, hop on a plane and become a liftie for a season! But I do know how you feel -- would love to see Scotland in the Summer one day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me and a mate were there in April courtesy of a comp win Very Happy

absolutely loved it and will be back one day... once our 4 month old lassie is a couple of years wiser Very Happy

I don't quite know what my wife would say if i became a canadian liftie for a season... i'll ask tonight Confused

Do you work for ski big3?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Congrats on the new baby! Yes, maybe wait a few more months to strap skis on her Very Happy

I work with Banff Lake Louise Tourism, trying to keep folks up to speed on the ski scene and the events going on here in town.

You probably noticed when you visited that our staff come from all over the world -- lots of Aussies, Brits and even a few folks from Scotland I believe, so you'd be in good company if you ever decide to take a working holiday!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
banfflakelouise,

Yip, great trip 8 nights in The Chateau and 2 nights in the Sunshine Inn. Free room upgrade at the Inn, with complimentary wine and cheese on arrival. First tracks after a bath in the outdoor tub!!! As well as skiing we did ski dooing near Golden and an ice walk at Johnston's Canyon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome to snowHeads banfflakelouise! snowHead snowHead I've had a couple of great skiing holidays in Banff. We look forward to more on the spot reporting Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Cathy!

We're still finding our legs on this, so if anyone has any suggestions for topics they'd like to see covered or parts of Banff National Park and the ski hills you'd like to explore, please let us know.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
banfflakelouise, Hi welcome to snowHead I'm there staying in banff for 2 weeks from Jan14th to 28th any hints and tips on making the most of our trip will be most welcome
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sure thing, RookieMark!

SkiBig3.com does a great job of laying out the ski side of things, but if you want more info, just ask.

In terms of things to do off the slopes, you're coming at a great time -- be sure to check out the Ice Magic Festival and International Ice Sculpting Festival in Lake Louise starting January 23rd - 25th (fits right into your schedule!). You'll also be able to catch the Banff Winter Festival the last week of January, with a cardboard sled derby and lots of other fun stuff.

Keep your eyes peeled for Hollywood stars in town and on the slopes at Sunshine around the third week of January -- Banff hosts Robert Kennedy's Banff Celebrity Invitational and past attendees have included Alec Baldwin, Meg Ryan, Daryl Hanna, Woody Harrelson, Kelsey Grammer and many more. There are day events open to the public (you'll have to buy a lift ticket), but other evetns are by invitation only and they keep things pretty quiet until very close to the event so I'll try to keep you updated.

Other great things to do off the hill include sleigh rides, taking a guided snowshoe tour with one of the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise's in-house heritage guides, or taking in some live music in town.

Does that help? If you have a particular interest, let me know!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm out in Banff in January, cannot wait Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh - one other quirky insider's tip -- if you find yourself out around Lake Minnewanka on a weekend morning, you might see ice divers slipping through a hole in the frozen lake to dive the old town that was submerged when the new dam was built. Even if they're not there, it's a great drive on a nice day. Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's great, Paul!

We've got about 35 different short videos showing some of the lesser known things to do in Banff up on our Youtube channel if you want to get a preview of your trip or some more idea for things to do:
http://www.youtube.com/user/banfflakelouise2
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm there too from 4th to 18th February. Can't wait.
snow report
Passing through Banff on the 21st Feb. Smile Stopping off for supplies, ski service etc. Madeye-Smiley

Just keep all the roads clear banfflakelouise, Very Happy
snow conditions
DO NOT take the sleigh ride. Did it when I was 8 and still have night terrors. Nothing is fun about sitting on a sleigh going 2mph in temps down at 30 below, you can walk along the banks of the river and look at all this stuff for yourself. Other than that check out the cardboard sled derby.. few beers slopeside watching folks throw themselves down the hill never hurts.. (you)
ski holidays
Haha! Sorry to hear you were so cold, Arv! We've added very warm blankets to the sleigh ride since your childhood, and the average temperature hovers around -5C to -10C during January (great for skiiing, but bundle up warm in the evenings). Love your idea of taking a bit of a walk around in the snow -- even more fun with showshoes! Smile
snow conditions
banfflakelouise, get off it, it is colder than that.. especially on the hill Laughing You forget your January week when the temps kill..

In saying that last year was not so bad! Not much snow for the whole season mind..
latest report
We will be there on the 13th December till Christmas Eve - not long to go now wooooohoooooooo! Very Happy
latest report
You're right, Arv, there is sometimes a week-long cold snap in January. The upside is that it usually brings with it clear blue skies, but you will need to have your warm gear on to fully enjoy it. Sounds like you've been back a few times since your childhood sleighride. Hope you have a great ski season this year!
ski holidays
banfflakelouise

hopefully you can answer a quick question.
To cut a long story short - Ive got problem feet and I hate having my ski boots on longer than I have to. So... are there lockers on the hills in all 3 resorts? It would be great if I could wear walking boots up to the hills and then change into my ski boots when i get there, hance needing somewhere to stash my walking boots when i get there.

Thanks in advance

Very Happy
snow conditions
banfflakelouise

hopefully you can answer a quick question.
To cut a long story short - Ive got problem feet and I hate having my ski boots on longer than I have to. So... are there lockers on the hills in all 3 resorts? It would be great if I could wear walking boots up to the hills and then change into my ski boots when i get there, hence needing somewhere to stash my walking boots when i get there.

Thanks in advance

Very Happy
ski holidays
Cobra.., lockers at all 3 resorts.. usually can get one. Left my backpack with everything I own in it by the fireplace in Sunshine/Locker room in Louise/Fireplace in Norquay for the season, unlocked and unattended. As did most of my buddies, not one of us had anything stolen. Just so you know if you can't get a locker, leaving your shoes down is fine.
snow report
fantastic - thanks for the quick response Very Happy
ski holidays
Our second Real Banff Ski Report is now live on YouTube!

This week we feature the Lake Louise World Cup Ski Race as well as a look at preparations for the new Terrain Parks.

Video is available here:

http://youtube.com/v/AM7sHr6C4_M

Happy Skiiing! Smile
ski holidays
banfflakelouise, and when do we get to see you in one of the snow reports? wink
latest report
Me on video? Let's just say I've got a great face for text-based discussion forums Shocked

But you never know... I'll mention it as part of the weekly update if I do somehow slide into a cameo appearance.

Reality hosts our Ski Reports and I think she does an amazing job -- she shoots the video and does the interviews all on her own. And yes, her name really is "Reality"
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
banfflakelouise wrote:
Let's just say I've got a great face for text-based discussion forums

Laughing Laughing

I think we definitely need a clip with you sliding past in the background Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Maybe I'll just get Reality to say a special hello to all our friends at Snowheads.com Smile
snow conditions
banfflakelouise wrote:
Maybe I'll just get Reality to say a special hello to all our friends at Snowheads.com Smile

Oooh yes! snowHead
ski holidays
me first!!!!!

Very Happy
snow report
Sounds like there may be an opportunity for lots of background cameo appearances by Snowheads over the forthcoming season!
Whats the date for filiming between the 13th and 24th December ? wink wink
ski holidays
Hi Cobra!

Reality is pretty flexible with her filming schedule and most weeks she's out on the slopes for a couple of days. If you know which resort you'll be at on a specific day, we can probably talk Reality into finding a spot to meet up -- it would be lots of fun to get a quick clip of Snowheads on film!
ski holidays
Hi Everyone... I've finally made it!

I would love to get some cameo's of you at the ski areas! I'm out a couple of times each week... so send a quick message and let me know! Very Happy
snow report
Hi Reality! Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead I'm sure you will be getting lots of messages Toofy Grin
snow report
banfflakelouise, oh dear, this is a very bad thread to have come across. I have close friends who live in Canada (they're from the UK originally) and they're trying to persuade me to join them in Banff during university break in February. Only problem is that I already have two other ski trips booked and the £ is in deep doo-doo, which is not helpful for ski holiday budgets. I'm sorely tempted, though. Toofy Grin

Reality_in_Banff, welcome to snowHeads, if I succumb to temptation, I'll let you know.
snow report
Oooh go on Hurtle, you know you want to! Very Happy And I think your fartbag flying past in the background of one of the videos would be a highlight Toofy Grin
ski holidays
cathy, NehNeh
snow conditions
This time next week we will be in Banff - Got three days in ski school and then we are spending a few days skiing as a family. Will probably be at Sunshine on Wednesday 17th.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy