Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I do it?

Poster: A snowHead
We're stuck what to buy the Teens for Xmas, skis too expensive, and don;t want to give them money to waste (we waste plenty ourselves on their skiing hols). Should I buy them snowblades?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a friend who has snowblades and loves them. Good for quick sharp turns on piste, and great for the park. However, if your sons prefer to do off-piste, or even just hard and fast on piste carving, then snowblades are not the right choice.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, we got ours blades for Christmas two years ago, and they love them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
laundryman, I think mine will love them too, but not to replace their skiing, just to take out for a couple of afternoons or so. Anyway, hubby and I can try them too (except not sure if my feet are big enough). Thought they could leave them in France when we get our apartment.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ponder, blades are great for on piste carving aren't they? or is it the "fast" bit that isn't for you?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, that's exactly how ours use them. We keep them here though: I can't wait for it to snow on the North Downs for a family slide, but goodness knows when it will happen!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alan Craggs, I thought the boys would like to play in the snowpark and mess about on the jumps at the side of the iste on their blades, that's what Richard does most of the time anyway. (Can't afford the twin-tips)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Helen Beaumont, hmm - side of the (p)iste. The 2 people I know who wrecked their knees on blades did it in unpisted snow between pistes. On my original Salomon blades packaging there is a warning to this effect, I wonder if it's still on the new ones?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alan Craggs, not really off the (p)iste, thought they'd prefer their skis for that. Keyboard playing up, hate these cordless ones.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, well that's my point (on cordless mouse myself) - I've been swooping along a nice hard piste on my blades, then just drifted a couple of metres off to the side and gone flat on my face (hard!) as the blade tips dove straight down. I, foolishly you may say, had not anticipated that that would happen.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
2nd hand skis Helen? May bring them more into the price range?e-bay perhaps? Or, Loot?

Who had some Pocket Rockets for sale here at snowHeads, NBT maybe?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
admin wrote:
Who had some Pocket Rockets for sale here at snowHeads?

Could have been any mug that bought them and wanted to change up to REAL skis wink snowHead

Yeah, I'd give them Blades, or any brand of skiboards (to use the generic term, and not Salomon's trade mark)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen B, I smell brimstone. Blades are the Devil's work.

Buy them a pair of 210 GS second hand on eBay. It'll be character forming...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alan Craggs, sorry, I should have been more clear. They carve nicely on piste (quick sharp turns) but not with the speed of skis. And they obviously don't work off piste. Not that it matters really, you get snowblades for the park and little else. And they're great in the park.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have some pocket rockets that I could part with, but you're right, it might prove expensive (or else really annoying when one complains that his present is as good as the other one's!)

Fox, shame on you, suggesting that someone buy blades instead of real skis!

If you are interested drop me a mail and we can work something out. I'm in no hurry, if they don;t sell I can always ski on them because we'll have tons of powder by the time we arrive in Val Despair, honest...
ski holidays
wow. just followed that link to ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16062&item=7121789706&rd=1

I have those. I certainly didn't pay £250 for them new.

*adds to "watch" list*
snow report
Helen Beaumont, do they already have inline skates, by chance? Less cost than skis, similar skills (to skiboards/miniskis) acquired, and they don't have to take a day from regular skiing . . .
latest report
comprex, the eldest already has skates, and the youngest wouldn't use them . The idea was that as they have boots now, it was one way of hitting the slopes at lunchtime when we arrive, rather than sorting out skis. Also, when our apartment's ready they can be left there. not to replace skiing, more for a bit of fum when they have to wait for Mum!!!!
snow report
A friend and I bought some salomon blades last year in italy we didnt stop laughing the whole time we where on them so much fun i think your lads would love them. Learnt the off piste bit the hard way breaking my collar bone trying to jump back onto the piste but i was still laughing granted it hurt to laugh but laugh we did. snowHead Laughing
snow report
bootneck, don't like the sound of the broken collarbones though!!!!
ski holidays
I've done it. Bought them .
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Oh ho! This will make them sit further back Sad Sad but they are fun. Has anyone else seen the new "mini Scratch"? About 1m10 proper bindings, wider under the feet and definitely an improvement on the originals - mind you I have a pair (original blue snowblades) and they are great fun Laughing
snow conditions
easiski, the thought had occured to me. We thought we could leave the blades at the apartment, I don't think it'll totally replace their skiing.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, hire out blades if your teens want to give them a try, but they don't want some silly bits of kit they'll only be able to use for a week or so every year as Christmas presents. Get them the I-pods they want.
snow report
Er, Jonpim, that advice might be a tad late!
snow conditions
laundryman, yep,too late, but neither of them asked for ipods, but did mention blades. !!! Anyway, once we have our own place next Christmas, we will be there more often than now. They'll be easy enough to leave without taking up room, and also for now, easy enoug to put in with our skis.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, consider wrist guards also.
ski holidays
comprex, they already have them
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You've made the right choice helen they'll love them great for when you just wanna mess about in the park or work up tricks that you can then transfer to your ski's
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy