Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chile- anyone go that far?

Poster: A snowHead
Just read in the new Crystal brochure that theyre operating a summer skiing program in Chile- not sure if they mean Summer 04 or 05, but would anyone go that far just for the white stuff?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not this year, but would like to try it at some point. Not with Crystal though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Someone over on SCGB went last summer. We looked at it in a moment of desperation, but cost is a bit extreme - think holiday for two in a luxury hotel peak season in Europe then double it! Shocked
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've seen it in that brochure, its over £1500 per person for a week! Shocked

If anyones got that kind of cash I suppose its worth it, as it is Full Board and your lift pass and ski tuition are included in the price and the hotels they're using are in ski-in locations.

I would not consider it for myself though, too expensive! Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Flight to Santiago is V. expensive (700 quid +), drive from santiago about an hour... hotels in resort expensive, or you could be brave and do the cliff-top drive from Santiago every day. Would go in a flash if someone would go with me!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Im thinking about going cos of the discount I get- even though it is crystal, but Im just wondering about the standard of the resorts? are we talking France 25yrs ago?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A girl friend skied the Andes between Argentina & Chile last summer - said it was really beautiful... spent 6 months backpacking around South America Mr. Green
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee, I know a skier who lives in Chile (EV on Epic). I'd seriously consider going. Maybe next summer, cause I'm a bit short of cash this year. Just wondering would there be many Argies around, and how would they react to my Union Jack skis?
I'd probably go for two weeks, cause I think one would be too short for such a long flight.

Just one question...

How much is the Single Supplement? Mad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wear the Fox Hat, the cheapest single supplement I can see in the Crystal brochure is £23 per night, so add an extra £322 onto the total cost. Shocked

God knows how much the Flight supplement will be! Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RichardB, I may just have to come up with a plan B - £322 is more than I paid for my flights to Salt Lake this year!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seems to me that if you go, you should save up and go for two weeks - then the flight costs are less of the total. You might be able to visit two resorts then, as well.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Would love to go - but 1500quid for a week ?
That's the travel and accomodation for 3 seperate 1week trips to Europe, 4 or 5 if I pair up and share the apartment !

Even worse - if I go by train and each 'week' gives me 8 days of skiing - that's potentially 40days in Europe for the cost of 6 or 7 in Chile Shocked
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
But, it is skiing in the summer. And for that you either go to Chile or Queenstown
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Or go glacier skiing - Tignes, Les 2 Alpes, Alpe d'Huez, Saas Fee, to name a few. Limited skiing yes, but cheaper, and you can walk / mountain bike, or enjoy the Alpine scenery over a beer in the afternoon (OK, so that rules out Tignes!).

Having said that I'd still love to try skiing in SA one day.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I dont walk and I most definately do not mountain bike! Neither do I like summer ski resorts- skiing on slush

I like lots and lots of snow and something a bit different- think i'll give it a whirl- think it starts up for next year 2005 though Sad
snow conditions
Red Dave, have you ever tried skiing ice on powder skis? Nah, I think a southern hemisphere trip would be a *good thing*
ski holidays
WTFH that doesn't sounf like much fun - I'll stick to my Volkl Race Carvers for that! I managed to get some good powder skiing in at Alpe d'Huez the the end of October though!

I would love to try summer skiing in Chile or Argentina, and I'm determined to do it one year. However, here are the problems:

Very expensive, especially when there's an alternative (albeit poorer quality) option on my doorstep.
By the end of April this year I will have used up ALL 5 weeks holiday on skiing - nothing left until next January 2005. HELP!

So it'll have to wait until the redundancy man comes knocking - could be soon if I keep spending my time here!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy