Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski instructors - Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Joining the SCGB instruction week in Tignes 12 Dec, the instructor line up is:

Stuart Adamson BASI
Davina Turner Dip. de Ski Fr
Darren Turner Dip. de Ski Fr
Olivier Sebbar Dip. de Ski Fr

Anyone had any experience of lessons with any of these folk?

(Probly should properly be asking this question in SCGB's forum, but wanted an (er hem) impartial opinion).

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Manda, Yes. Stuart Adamson is one of the "old" BASI types. A bit old fashioned in his style, but knows a lot and is very good company. He runs Ski Masterclass in Alpe d'Huez.

Davina Turner lives and works in Serre Chevalier and is married to a French high Mountain guide. She did her BASI 3 and then went into the french system. She's an ex-plastic racer and pretty good skier (has to be of course). Very nice person.

Darren Turner is Davina's brother. The best slalom racer we never had in the British Team. Enormously talented, but difficult to train he was snatched away from his trainers to go with the team trainers, who couldn't do it. Gave up racing and went to live in Serre Chevalier. He also does DJing in his spare time. Not as scary as he sounds.

I trained both Davina and Darren at the Stainforth Ski Slope back in the early 80's, and Stuart was one of the panel who passed me on my BASI 1. He was also on my BASI refresher course at Tignes 2 years ago.
Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know Stuart Adamson from Masterclass in Alpey D - very nice guy, taught me a lot!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks very much for that easiski and Cathy Coins.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, just back from Tignes.

Both Darren & Davina were wonderful!!!! Full credit to you and to them!!!!! Davina's now got me happily going down the pistes "throwing up" over my active ski - works every time. Although was a bit thrown when she turned around, lifted her jacket, and asked us to actually stare at her bum....

Darren was caught watching the mogul racers and uttering words such as "crap, absolutely crap" and for a minute we were worried he would nip over & show them how to do it. snowHead

Cathy Coins, did you ever meet one of Stuart's protoges, Oliver? Also an excellent instructor, but I had a hard time during Oli's lessons making myself NOT look at his bum... Embarassed wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy