Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ABS and Xavier De Le Rue

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Interesting account ( not very well translated ) about Xavier De Le Rue's ride on an avalanche. The salient points being that that he was carried 2000 meters down the mountain, that he ended up sitting on top of a six meter deep pile of avalanche debris, and that his ABS system very probably saved his life Shocked

Any more doubters out there?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Although I'm pro ABS I think in Xaviers case his ABS is probably going to kill him or get him badly injured. I think he has it about right here

Quote:

I know I'm more than lucky and some of that luck is to have had an abs back pack
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidof wrote:
Although I'm pro ABS I think in Xaviers case his ABS is probably going to kill him or get him badly injured.
You may be right, but in this case it probably did save his life. I wouldn't put any money down on it doing the same for him in future though!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think anyone doubts ABS it's just no-one's found a way of practically travelling by air with them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, evidently if you read some airline regs it is indeed possible to travel with the canisters as they are smaller than the maximum allowed. Getting it past check-in and security in a practical situation is probably a different matter though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is a solution to travelling with your ABS, take off the canister, take the bag with you and buy a new canister when you arrive at the new resort. If they have a supplier there. The ABS is very popular world wide so this is not as hard as it seems. Another option. Buy the new Snowpulse avalanche air bag rucksack which has a refilable canister in the same way as you refill your diving canister. This can be done in most resorts if they have compressed air systems. If anyone has used the new bags please post your findings. If you have used the ABS as well, what do you think of them?

I have opened a topic in equipment section, please could people go there to post details on this gear. Thanks

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 30-04-08 12:55; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would it be possible to post a canister?

I've got an ABS bag and have used it while ski touring, the extra 2 to 3 kg weight increase is noticable.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I emailed BA with the specific link to the "approved status" and they were not prepared to enter into discussion on it. I may have simply got a "computer says no" staff member but I wouldn't fancy my chances rocking up at an airport without written authorisation from the airline ( & never mind easyjet or other less "full service" airlines).

As I've said before great if you live within driving distance of skiing but difficult/even more costly if you fly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thats one big sucker..... Shocked

lucky lucky boy.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy