Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter Alpe DHuez/Les Deux Alpes TR (inc non-gnarly photos)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to the fact that my daughter couldn't go skiing in February I decided to take advantage of the early Easter with a 2 week trip, 1st week in Alpe D'Huez and the 2nd in Les Deux Alpes.

In summary 2 great weeks with plenty of great snow and sunshine. 1 bad day in each week but the 1st week just about shaded it with the weather. Alpe D'Huez does seem to be quite a bit more expensive than Les Deux Alpes for most things (lift pass, food and drink). Both great resorts with great skiing but quite different. 12 days skiing out of 13 is quite tiring.

Alpe D'Huez

Rented an apartment in the Les Bergers area from a Belgium guy and it was as near as damn it ski in/out. Arrived Easter Saturday and there had been about 50cm the previous night. We had 1 day when it snowed all day and the light was poor, 1 day of sunshine all day after snow the previous night and the rest had at least half a day of sunshine with a couple more overnight dumps. I particularly liked the runs from the main resort down to some of the other stations, Oz, Villard, etc. Didn't have any lessons whilst there.

Me on top of Signal D'Homme on Auris side of the "Scare Chair".

Natalie on the steepish red run down to Oz Station which we did several times, it was usually quiet in the morning.

Just loved this little restaurant down at Villard.

Les Deux Alpes

Rented the same apartment we had last year from a fellow snowHead right by the Jandri Express. Drove over drom ADH the Saturday after Easter and had a rest day from skiing. We had 1 day when it snowed all day and the light was poor, 1 day of sunshine all day, a couple of windy days and the rest had at least half a day of sunshine with a couple more overnight dumps. I like the fact that you can ski right down from 3400 metres to 2100 without having to come down really steep stuff. My daughter and myself formed a 2 person group with lessons from Easiski, worked well and teaching was excellent as usual. We also met up with other snowHead's Paul McK & Bridgit Jones whilst there.

Easiski bought us down this off piste. She didn't actually tell us until we went over the edge, it's bl**dy steep at the top (Valentin black runs down the left hand side), you can still see the brown marks on the snow.

Natalie looking very pleased with herself at the bottom

We also had a trip into Easiski's Hidden Valley which was fun.

Natalie getting her certificate from Easiski after the weeks lessons.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B, Nice report - good pix! You must be thrilled you were here last week and not this week weather wise! Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, Yes we really did have 2 very decent weeks. Looks to be far from that at the moment from your reports.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy