Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fischer RX 8 length? I'm a bit big!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Put it this way I'm not light on my feet! I'm 6' 1'' and 17.5 stone, solid rather than fat, I'm told.... Wink Rugby player as opposed to couch potato.

I hired Fischer RX 8's in Soll in 02/07 and they blew me away- don't know what size they were though- shame!

I was unfortunate enough to hire knackered ancient Rossignol skis this year in St Johann and they were ****, quite frankly ruining my holiday!

So the plan is to buy this years RX 8's cheap the only question I have is 170 or 175's?

For my height I should be on 170's but if I factor in my weight I' leaning more towards the 175's.

Any advice greatly received Smile

Cheers

Andy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm taller 6ft 3 and a little lighter 15st and ski 175. I ski the ski that must be 05/06 and its also fantastic. look at ski bilek for deals
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Redbrick, Welcome to snowHead 's Very Happy

I think you need to consider what sort of skier you are and where you intend to ski. I bought my RX8's from XSPO.de this year (and saved over £150 on UK price Very Happy) in a 170. I'm about a stone less than you.

However I don't really do 'off piste' and specifically wanted a shorter ski than my previous B2's. Several folks here advised me to go longer for my weight, particularly if I wanted to go off piste with them (which I didn't).

The Fischers are great BTW, and when it dumped last week at the MSB they were fine in the (on-piste) powder. I'm not the worlds most aggressive skier though Madeye-Smiley HTH
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
17.5 stone! Holy s**t if that's all muscle (as you claim) then you should def be on the 175.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Redbrick, 2 stone up from you and I ski 175's. I would have liked a bit longer but still love them......... and no the ice perv, it's not all muscle.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Imagine how many sit-ups it took to build a waist like mine Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Axsman wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, Imagine how many sit-ups it took to build a waist like mine Cool

You can sit up?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, Only with the aid of cushions Embarassed Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it.

The deed is done... 175's from skiprofis on the Bay for 202 Euros.

That is so stupid cheap. snowHead I gave Ellis Brigham the opportunity to price match but said they couldn't get them themselves for that money.

I now need to blag another holiday or long weekend before the end of the season- any recommendations on destinations that I could drive to?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good price. I can't remeber what I paid in 2006 but I thik it was about £220 in total (EB were £500) -good deal
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Redbrick, Four letters: E.O.S.B snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just bought a pair of these from Ski Bilek on ebay for 200 Euros plus 8 Euros for the bindings which are railflex. Does anyone know about railflex bindings. I think the whole deal will just be over £200 with postage, which I think is fairly reasonable compared to UK prices.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
5ft 11, 16 stone and I ski 160
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jmm2130 wrote:
Just bought a pair of these from Ski Bilek on ebay for 200 Euros plus 8 Euros for the bindings which are railflex. Does anyone know about railflex bindings. I think the whole deal will just be over £200 with postage, which I think is fairly reasonable compared to UK prices.

I expect they are the Fischer- tyrolia binding. I have them on my RX8. They seem to the job and are fully adjustable. i bought mine from ski bilek gavve them my boot size and they were delivered without problems
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
With railflex there will be a screw in the centre of the plate, you can take this out and move the whole binding back and forward 15mm each way. (then put it back in, make sure you don't crossthread it) I always used mine 15mm forward, but it is interesting to play around with.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy