Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off piste guide recommendations Val D'Isere/Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Does anybody know or can recommend an off piste guide for a few of us either in Val D'Isere or Tignes?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, Alpine Experience [www.alpineexperience.com] Only used them a couple of times but I could not fault their competence/professionalism/judgement etc..Most importantly had great skiing! I am sure many other SH's will be regular clients who will be able to give more details.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
retsil, Thanks, I will have a look at their website. I think I have heard of them before....cheers!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with Alpine Experience. Also get this book for some ideas http://www.facewest.co.uk/Guide-Valdisere.html. One of the partners, Wayne Watson has written what I reckon is one of the best books about off-piste skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dsoutar, Thanks will take a look at the book that Facewest are offering. Also good to see Alpine Experience have got a second good review.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
VolklAttivaS5, Can't give a comparison against other guides, as I have only ever skied with Alpine Experience whilst in Val d'Isere.

They are very good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
how about our own offpisteskiing?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, good point. Perhaps he should promote his wares more. His exact wherabouts is a bit vague.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, he is based in Bozel which in convinient for all the tarantaise resorts....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, Frosty the Snowman, who is offpisteskiing? As in what's the company name and I'll look it up on the web...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
www.offpisteskiing.com he posts here regularily
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We used Evolution 2 in Tignes VC a few years ago for some (fairly modest) off piste giuding and found them wholly satisfactory.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No offence to Offpisteskiing, but I would rather hire a guide from the location I intended to ski.

If I were to be in the 3 Valleys, then I would certainly look him up...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond, thanks for the link. The EV2 trip Tour de la Tarentaise has been mentioned on the other thread I posted! Very humorous it is too based on Kramer's experience. Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can't give a comparison against other guides, as I have only ever skied with Alpine Experience whilst in Val d'Isere.

They are very good.

Hang on, I think the Guvnor has already said exactly the same thing!

Alpine Experience teach and guide almost exclusively off piste. Their guides are very good, very safety conscious, and very knowledgeable about where to find good off piste conditions to suit the skills of their clients. They are often booked solid, so would recommend contacting them and booking before you travel to Val d'Isere.
snow conditions
Just spotted this http://uk.youtube.com/v/uiWk6IZqwDk about skiing with Alpine Experience.
latest report
Adrian, thanks for that, yes thats a few people that have said Alpine Experience now. I have already emailed them to see what space they have to either join a group or have a private session divided between a couple of us. Or the other option is the EV2 Tour de la Tarentaise. Alpine Experience are the favourites so far.
snow conditions
The Tarentaise Tour can be very good. I have done it three times but not in recent years. It is a one day thing and, depending on the route, can be a very tiring day. Also you may be in a mixed group and may not know in advance how you and the other compare. With Alpine Experience I book for every day of my stay and know I will ski with others of compatible ability.
snow report
Adrian, do you do the group off piste with Alpine Experience then? Or a private session?
ski holidays
Group off piste. There are many repeat customers who, like me, have favourite times of the year. So I would expect to know some of the others in the group. I have written a few notes about my off piste skiing this winter and last winter with Alpine Experience.
ski holidays
I can certainly reccomend Bryan Hogg who is based in sainte foy but also works out of val d'Isere and Tignes. He is the most fantastic guide my husband has ever used. He is independant but works for mountain tracks and other people on occasion. PM me if you would like his contact details
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy