Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to get from Grenoble Airport to Alpes d'Huez / Les 2 Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
At a sensible cost what means are open on a Saturday evening? Three of us from Liverpool/Gatwick arrive at Grenoble via EasyJet/Ryanair about 8pm (8th March). Is it worth hiring a car/taking a taxi ( Shocked Shocked )? Still to book and looking for chalet space in Alpes d'Huez / Les 2 Alpes for one gal/two guys 40/50s intermediate skiers.

Craghopper
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Craghopper, You can look at bus times on www.altibus.com.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski

Thanks. Have also found a load of websites on taxi, bus, shuttle, etc. between Grenoble airport and the resorts - busy going through them now!! Confused Confused TOO much info!! Craghopper
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Craghopper, Bens Bus is good, about £35 return each.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Craghopper, May want to include some delays in your planning with a flight arriving that late......
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Craghopper, with 3 of you, at that time of night, and potential delays, I'd definitely hire a car.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd definitely rent a car. Just make sure it's not with Hertz as it's the one that the whole Ryanair flight will be using
and you could be queuing for up to 2 hours for your car.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's been said before, but one of you needs to dash out and get in the car queue, leaving the others to get the luggage. The driver needs to dash out.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Get the bus and stay overnight in Grenoble then get the first bus in the morning up the hill. Alternatively change your flight
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, last bus to resort from Grenoble is at about 22:00, designed to connect with late-arriving flights.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, yes I know, but landing at 8pm plus the delay (that has been building up on the earlier flights back and forth to Grenoble) wink they may not even make the last bus in town, and if they do they are getting to the resort late and knackered. Personally I would just book in to a cheap hotel near the square in Grenoble and have a few beers and a nice meal to unwind then get the 8.00am (ish) busn up the hill the next day. Thinking about it I would never get a flight that arrives at Grenoble airport at 8pm in the first place Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Thinking about it I would never get a flight that arrives at Grenoble airport at 8pm in the first place

Well I would, if it was a good deal, and fitted in with my commitments in the UK. I'd hire a car, though. Staying in Grenoble means missing half a day's skiing.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w, I'd still get the bus - friend of mine did it the other week without any problem. Mind you, Globespan did lose her luggage.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
last bus on Saturdays to both L2A and AdH is 22.15pm and gets you in at midnight, if you miss that you are stuck in Grenoble, first bus the next day to LDA is 11.00am, and to AdH is 8.05am. You would certainly miss the best part of the day in LDA but you would get a full day in AdH. Safest bet is hiring a car, if you can get one.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I know it's not AdH or L2A, but I've booked a private taxi transfer for Grenoble to Chamrousse for €300 return for 7 peeps. I'll try to find the details if anyone is interested.
ski holidays
I'd recommend Bensbus, used them for a transfer for a group of six arriving in GNB at 8pm-ish back in Jan and they were superb. There was a problem with their booking server so Ben phoned me from France and sorted it out, and also called to check which stop in Alpe D we wanted to be picked up from on the way home. Quality service, cheap as chips too, job done.
snow report
Quote:

cheap as chips

.... at only about three times as much as the VFD. Laughing
snow report
Chamrousse is much closer to Grenoble than LDA or ADH.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Chamrousse is much closer to Grenoble than LDA or ADH.

Sorry for posting then. wink
snow report
Thanks, everyone, for your input.
Toofy Grin
Our current plan is, as our chalet is below Huez, is to pre-hire a car at Grenoble airport Saturday evening, relax with a good meal and a cheap/medium room in Grenoble and then drive up to the chalet on Sunday morning. Less stress on Saturday, a relaxed start on Sunday and then we have the car for the week which would, for example, enable us to go to L2A for a day during the week. Toofy Grin

About £200 for the week including 2nd driver, ski pack (might drop that if there's no heavy snowfall forecast) and damage excess waiver - don't like the idea of car hire company knocking large amounts off my credit card with a promise of "you'll get it back at the end of the week". Shocked Shocked

The whole deal looks like below £500 each for a huge room, lovely catered chalet, flights and car hire. Not bad. Might never go on a ready-made package again.

Craghopper
snow conditions
Isere bus run a bus to Grenoble bus terminus and a connection to resort Blush Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy