Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's Boot Recomendation Please

Poster: A snowHead
My girlfriend and I are taking our first trip snowboarding soon. I am planning on borrowing equipment, she is buying.

Can you please recomend a top notch boot. Warm and dry. What's the best?

thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello!

i purchased my first pair of boots last year! i tried on quite a few, but the best i found were Salomon IVY's, they were really comfortable and kept my feet warm and dry through out my holiday! Best thing to do is try a load on in the shop, and see whats best!
i know a couple of my friends also had the same boots and had no probs with them either.

hope thats useful!

Caz
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
I've just spent the Christmas holidays shopping and the only thing you can do is try as many as possible and find the ones that fit you best.
One point though - was shopping in Bristol and there's 2 main stores - S&R and EB, both have virtually run out of a decent range of 6 and 6.5's. They are not expecting any new deliveries, its a case of them phoning other stores trying to track down any spares of a size you might want which is not good!
Ended up buying a gorgeous pair of Burton Saphires in Norwich while visiting the relatives - the owner was fantastic and spent over an hour with me, trying on lots of pairs to get to a final one. Its called Revolution I think - and I would really recommend it...

Can't wait to wear my new boots - i can't stop trying them on!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want a warm dry boot look for one made using Thinsulate or Soft-therm or some other similar high inuslating material. This is particularly importnat for womens boots beacuse 1) Womens feet are smaller than mens and therefore can get colder 2) Boots using thinsulate are far less bulky. This is important if you only have little feet because you do not want massive clod hoppers tied to the bottom of your legs! There are laods of makes to choose from. We have lots of ladies boots by Airwalk at £49 a pair if you are interested. You can see them at www.bargainboards.co.uk
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have not had the best experience with airwalk boots - cheap in price and quality in my opinion. I see that your site has 32's, vans, and northwaves for not that much more: I would highly suggest anything by any of those brands, especially 32 and northwave. Have your girlfriend try them on in a shop first though.
As a side note, if this is your first time boarding I would suggest at least a 1hr lesson on both the 1st and second day.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I beg to differ about the quality of Airwalk boots but, as with anything, it depends on the exact mdoel. Some of the older boots are less good but I have some fantastic boots, packed with features, that really are very, very good. DO NOT be put off by the cheap price. They are cheap because I have got several hundred pairs to clear-out! Personally, I rate most of the airwalk boots as much better than many of the Northwave boots or other boots I have seen
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
toucan, my gf bought some Salamon "silk" earlier this year and loves them. So much nicer to get your own gear, especially boots! THey have heat moudable removable liners and locking laces. Really good. They look very similar spec to the mens dialogue which i have and is a superb boot!

Just make sure you actually try on as many pairs as possible.........only buy off the net if you have previously tried them on before.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Indeed, I'm sure it does depend on the model. However, I bought a pair of airwalks that were comfortable and cheap, but actually started breaking before I even hit the slopes! I was just trying to break them in a bit by wearing them around the house, and the lower lace loops, which were for some stupid reason made of suede, started to rip through the middle. They were probably on my feet for 1/2 hr; these boots should never have hit the market. Luckily I was able to return them.
I'm sure Airwalk does make some good boots, but better than Northwave? Northwave makes great boots, and Airwalks are at best good bargain boots.

EDIT: boots are a totally individual thing, your girlfriend will just have to try on a bunch of pairs. From my experience, these are the things you should look for:
- comfort (the most important factor - if its not REALLY comfortable in the shop, it won't be comfortable on the slopes)
- no heel lift (generally dependant on the liner, one with supports around the ankle, or a lace-up liner, tend to be the best)
- lace locking (makes it way easier to do boots up tightly)
- durable looking in the toe area (you'll be resting the board there on the lifts - the toe area can wear out FAST)
- stiff (try to bend the top towards the toe, this should be hard to do and you shouldn't be able to bend it too far. You don't want something hard as a rock, but it's gotta be stiff for toe-side turns)
- not too bulky (especially if she has heel/toe drag problems)
- light (not all that crucial, but nice. Makes it easier to walk around in)

EDIT 2: Dan, I agree, Salomon makes awsome boarding boots.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
go with salomon, ive got the ones that have the draw string so you can make them tighter round your ankle great if you have small ankles,there really warm as well but remember good quality socks makes all the difference its worth buying the better ones even if there more expensive as the worst thing is having cold feet. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
muttley, eh? On another thread you were strangely rude about boarders in general and then said that you were a skier...

what's your story?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
??????????
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
all quiet from muttley, then...

methinks a troll has been rumbled.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not a very clever troll though eh?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Completely clueless. I guess they have to start somewhere and, like us boarders, look foolish and inept in the early days.

With any luck, natural selection will prevent muttley from ever procreating. I suspect that trolling and onanism are his/her only opportunities to vent frustration with the world and so perhaps we shouldn't be too harsh.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi toucan,

Have you considered these womens boots:

www.jildorshoes.com/category.cfm/hurl/Boots/catID=22677

?
snow report
wiangube, Welcome to snowHeads.

I don't know if you noticed, but this thread is from 2005, so I suspect toucan might be sorted by now wink
latest report
I hope that too, holidayloverxx Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy