Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing is therapy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Injured US veteran gets to ski
A group of Spanish youngsters who are suffering from cancer have been taken to Formigal ski resort in Spain to help them relax this weekend. Meanwhile, over in the US, more than 400 disabled veterans, including nearly 70 recently injured in Iraq, are skiing in the Rocky Mountains....Some 50 young people, aged between 9 and 13, from Oncology Units across Spain, will have skiing lessons with national ski school instructors. They will also get to meet huskie sleigh dogs and see the whole resort on the back of snowmobiles driven by trained experts. The holiday is part of the 'One cap, one hope' scheme funded by the Aramón charity organisation.

Source: http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/14704/one-cap-one-hope-ski-therapy-for-young-cancer-patients

The 22nd National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic, which starts tomorrow at Snowmass Village, Colorado, is the largest event of its kind. The Clinic is an annual rehabilitation program open to US military veterans with traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, orthopaedic amputations, visual impairments, certain neurological problems and other disabilities.

Army veteran Shane Parsons (aged 22), who lost both his legs and suffered a head injury in 2006 in a roadside bomb attack in Iraq, is a good example of how helpful the clinic can be. He said, "It was absolutely awesome. This event helps us (newly injured veterans) get into the mentality of saying 'hey I can do this, and if I can do this, I can do other things for myself, too.'"

Source: http://sev.prnewswire.com/sports/20080328/DC1789928032008-1.html
More info: http://www1.va.gov/vetevent/wsc/2008/default.cfm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Now that 's done me good reading that. Thanks, el Hen.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There have been a couple of good articles in the Times in the last few months about UK servicemen doing something similar in Europe and the States. Il see if I can find the links
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Found one here, the later article wouldnt open though. This one is 3 pages long and a good read.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy