Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best day ever

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yesterday on Brevent in Cham was probabaly the best day ever I have had on a board. Mist and rain at village level put people off so the mountain was empty and when the mist lifted it exposed knee deep powder that had not been tracked out. Also the piste chapies had cut a track of piste through the off-piste and pegged it out as a red, it was like a powder boarder-cross run with off piste every side of it so if you blasted out of the run you simply had to ride the pow. I blasted out quite often Wink excellent time here except my airport transfer did not turn up and I had to get a taxi - ouch - but the chalet has already reimbursed me even though it is not really their fault.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We had our best week ever in Ischgl a couple of weeks ago - Knee/Waist deep power virtually every day.
Although every holiday I have been on in March/April has been ace.

I can't understand why anyone would choose Jan/Feb given the option.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rayscoops, thought you'd been quiet wink Hope there is some PowPow left when I go next sat Razz
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DebbiDoesSnow, I think you're going to get fairly epic conditions.

rayscoops, it's a good feeling isn't it! We had a similar day in Morzine although not as deep. Hopefully there'll be more for the EoSB.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rayscoops, know what you mean. Last week in Les Gets was the same - woke up to a massive dump of powder. Went up the less popular bit of the resort (Mt Chery) and there must have only been a dozen peeps at the most. Could ride the reds that were just full of powder or like you did, blast out into deep, fresh, untracked powder in between runs. It was awesome and just made me appreciate how well boards go through powder...

...if only Xscape had a powder run!!!! Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman wrote:
...if only Xscape had a powder run!!!! Smile

You've never been there when the dealers pull into the carpark then?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc, I'm usually gone straight after the ice cream man leaves...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops,

I should have known!! No signs of you here or the Rugby thread was a sure sign you were injoying the white stuff!! Going green

Wouldn't it be better for you to live there and commute into work every so often? Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, I ran for cover in Courmayeur and had an epic day, powder every where plus sunshine.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just got back from Pas DL Casa. Best snow of the season, 20cm of powder fell on the first night and the slopes were empty. Only blue runs were pisted at the start of the week and the rest of the GV resort was a carpet of virgin powder.

As for the rest of the stay...I didn't queue for a single lift all week, struggled to speed more than 30 euros a day (that included much apres ski) and cleaned my first black run on a board, at speed.

The sun was very strong and by Friday the pistes were very icy in the morning but there were still good off piste opportunities and the heat meant we were riding in a T shirt an thin fleece. By 11 the pistes had softened enough for some very fast runs, managed with control and in safety.

It was the best week I've had on a mountain.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy