Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2007/2008 A VINTAGE YEAR?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we are now past the tipping point, and many of us are looking back on our season/holiday. Has this winter been a vintage year?

If yes, Why....

If not Why not.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
we are now past the tipping point

we may be past the tipping point but I've almost a month left, so not going to think about any post-mortems just yet! Right now, it looks terrific.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
a very long year at least - with skiing form the first day to the last day of the season
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It seems like it has definitely been a year for off-peak skiers. I had fab skiing in November, January and March in Austria and Scotland, but it looks like the masses February half term trippers probably didn't have such great conditions.

A per rayscoops a long year by Austrian standards. Schladming opened in October, most other areas in the Salzburg region opened on weekends prior to the official opening dates, and it looks like many will be staying open a week or two longer than expected.

I know not everyone has had a 'vintage' year, but for me, it has more than made up for 06/07, which was below average for us, although by no means a disaster as the media would have you believe.

Just my 2ps worth anyway.

D
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For me-

Les Deux Alpes/ November. Slush & Ice

La Rosiere/ Christmas. Perfect Piste skiing , but no powder.

Livigno/ Late Feb. Good conditions, but stupidly warm.

So for me it was pretty average, at least I avoided the rain. In a total of 20 days spent in the Alps, I didn't see it snow once.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Vintage without a shadow of a doubt: 3.5 weeks in Fernie during a season when they've already passed 10m of snow when the average is 8.75m snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Although I missed the mega dump in late Jan (I still hate you, hd Twisted Evil ), I was there for the first huge snowfall over NY and moderate snow the other week.

I can't forget the PSB of course, always a blinder snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
johnboy, that Xmas week was the best week's skiing I'v e had at that time since I don't know when but you missed a cracker last week and this. Stupendus conditions!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy