Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Descente Gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone using or thinking of buying any of their range ? My advice is dont Shocked

While in Banff I purchased a pair of trousers from their casual range, distinctly different and unusual, only available in limited quantites too. Wore them to travel in on the way home, both the buttons on the back pockets fell off, later on one of the fly buttons detached then another by the time we arrived home. all this in the space of a week or so. Confused

Thought I would email Descente regarding the problem and seeing if it could be rectified, all I wanted was some replacement buttons and I'd fix em on myself Smile

Basically they didnt want anything to do with them, I either had to return them to the shop for a credit - Love to be able to but cant afford the trip or the time off Sad

Their most helpful comment from the first reply
"If it is not convenient to ship the pants back to the retailer, a local tailor should be able to re-affix the buttons more securely and I am sure this cost would be minimal compared to international shipping fees and duties "

From their second reply
" Unfortunately the denim pants are part of a small Streetwear collection and we only delivered a very small amount of product to the Canadian market. Thus, we were not supplied with replacement pieces for any warranty issues that might arise.

Descente delivers impeccable high end ski apparel that is technical and fashionable. We do everything we can to deliver the quality our consumers expect from the name Descente. We do stand behind the Streetwear line as well however we are not able to offer the same warranty return options as our ski line due to a lack of available parts.

I realize that this is an inconvenience for you and for that I do apologize on behalf of Descente if you are unhappy with the solutions we can provide. We hope you will not let this issue sour you on Descente as a whole. Few can compete with the high-end quality of Descente and we hope you will continue to be a customer."

None of the usual crap from ski retailers abour returning FOC to have it repaired or replaced, no its get it fixed if you can at your cost, but hopefully you will still buy our products Shocked

Anyone know where I can get some silver coloured metal shank jean buttons 17mm dia. everywhere does the copper coloured ones ??

Just cant believe they cant send some spares in the post from their supplier.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bones, not good customer service. From another view though, hubby had a Descente ski jacket which he wore every winter from 1996 until 2005. It would still be being worn to walk the dog nowif it weren'tfor the plebs who stole it form the coat stand on New Years eve.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Why not email Descente USA or some other distributor with a bigger market?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bones,

If you are in London then go to Soho for buttons or any other fashion accessory. You will need to say you are a desinger and need to buy samples or they may try to sell you 1000 buttons!

I do know that Descente make all the clothing for the Canadian ski teams so their stuff must be pretty good. It is a poor form that your buttons fell off but at least they were honest in telling you it was from a range they don't care too much about!

I think in this case you are best off to take it to a tailor and get it fixed yourself, it may not be the solution that you want but the others I think are just going to annoy you more!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, Thats where the reply came from.

plectrum, Londons too far for me to travel to for buttons Sad

I can source some from from Ebay via Hong kong , but they dont match - they're a doddle to fix on have done them myself on other jeans, its just the principle that annoys me. companies just dont seem to care anymore.

Rant over !! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wear Descente DNA Salos. DNA was Descente's boarding range which I think they no longer make. They are superb. Very high spec and good quality. Perhaps quality has slipped recently.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pathetic. Mind you, Descente used to have a reputation as more concerned with style than substance (perhaps still has). The Canadian ski team may not be given their regular off the peg product, any more than they get the regular boots or skis from their suppliers.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 22-03-08 15:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got several Descente suits and they are virtually indestructible. Brilliantly cut too.

Descente's fashion stuff is probably made under licence and will be particular to certain countries only. Isn't fashion gear meant to look like it's fallen apart these days?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy