Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

short list of expert boots and: after x-scream, the rental

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm ending 100 years of junky rental boots. My ma (hi Ma!) has a fitter in mind in Durango CO, don't think he carries salomon, maybe he has rossignol, haven't called him yet. I'm wondering - what brands are on the short list, the don't-miss list of 'expert' boots? I'm a almost-big sized jump & haul back bottom kinda skier..

I ski a week a year, mostly on groomed snow (but follow my kids off into the trees too). I've used x-screams for a few years, which I liked for their active shorter turn action. I also tried cross-max, the total stability was fun, great for racing but one dimensional, no turns allowed. Most recently I used rossignol's B2, which is kinda in between, stable but still lively. I don't like mushy skis too much. What should I try next? Is rossignol's Zenith ski like last year's B2?

thanks twice, or thrice, tom:)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 7-12-04 8:27; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Tom,
Welcome to snowHeads!
First thing, on the ski boots - get the best fit, so I wouldn't recommend any particular brand/model as being the one to go for. Currently I'm in Technica Icon Alu Comps, cause they fit me the best of all the models I tried.
If I were you, I wouldn't buy new skis until I've got used to my boots. The B2 is a pretty good ski, you may want to look at the K2 Apache Crossfire, or the Volkl 5 Start, but demo them once you've got your new boots.

HTH snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Tom, whatever fits you best and works for you. Personally, I'd look at the Technica Icon, a very high performance boot, the Lange range and Head. I've been using Head 9.5 for about 4yrs now so they're just nicely broken in as far as I concerned. Do get some footbeds IMO they make a huge difference to any boot.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys!
tom:)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy