Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holmenkol waXXL universal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know the temp range it works in on snow.

Interestesting wax.. very slick. Impressed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
-2C to -10C, & yes it's very good but I prefer Dominator uni which is 0C to -12C.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
missis got it me off ebay new for 8quid plus p+p.
I think outta all the waxes I've used, i can honestly say after a scrape and brush, wipe off the loose stuff and the bases really shine. the bases feel different to, kinda slick. Packet say's there's silicones in them.
off to chill factore tues aft to try the scleaver8's out, so'll report back how the wax stays up on man made.

Good temp range that jon.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnDUB wrote:
......Good temp range that jon.

I've skied the Dominator uni in temps from +2C to -16C with no stickiness.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I e meithered em and in the reply they said it was a race formula they used to use. Soon see this aft in chill factore. Also put two coats of swix paste wax and corked it in good and proper.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The wax stood up well. chillfactore had two good icy patches and lots of powder pocket plus hard pack man made.
So after the sesh, the wax was still on ski's, though signs of abrasion was on base near edges approx under binding area. Still there, but wearing.

Was also a learining curve for me changing from 189 xscreams to 160 scleaver 8's. I did expect the ski's to be pants but they held up as good as the screams and turning in a 14m radius is ace. I think at some point, i'll move up to the 3v equipe's, but I enjoyed myself, and not as tired in the legs! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy