Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone know why it appears to be so busy this coming week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this is across the board but we are going to La Rosiere tomorrow. I noticed last week when I was looking at the website that the accommodation we are going to is now full as were several other hotels/residences.

Our friends admittedly left it a bit late to arrange the car hire from Geneva airport but when they were trying to book it last week they found that there were no cars available from the swiss side for our dates - they did manage to find one on the French side (groan!) but there also don't appear to be any last minute bargains around departing this w/e either.

I had assumed that it wouldn't be particularly busy as this week is out of french and english school holidays. Maybe its a misconception on my part but does anyone else get the feeling its going to be a busy week or is it normally like this in early March?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is the only "low season" week in march this year, as French School hols finish today, and then it is the 2 easter weeks, with only 1 week between. All the people who usually do a low season march week are all going next week! Its not normally like this in mid march.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Irish are off for Paddys day Toofy Grin Alot of people are flying out this week for 2 weeks and only having to take 8 days holidays because of Paddys day and good Friday!

And for once the tourist wins as Crystal and Inghams didnt realise till late December what was going on and where charging low season Prices Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My office will be almost deserted next week as everyone (without children) will be taking advantage of what appears to be the cheapest week so far of the season....grrrr, nothing worse than having to work extra hard to cover people AND not be going skiing when everyone else is AND be reminded of it constantly the week preceding...strop! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
loatie, it's quite strange we've never had as many enquiries in March as we've had over the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't worry about using the French side, we've switched our transfers there this season and it's much easier than the International sector. You don't even have to go through Swiss passport control or face the scrum at baggage collection. If you go to www.gva.ch and click through to French Sector you'll find directions to the French sector avoiding Swiss passport control and maps of the best routes to/from the French sector. You don't even have to go on the Swiss motorways, the route through Geneva is not difficult, the directions are very clear and using the Perly border crossing to France puts you on the N201 which goes directly to Annecy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks David - very useful info.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
all our usual haunts in obertauern where fully booked.. we are going back to hinteglemm.. weather looks shocking.. could be a boozy one!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
You don't even have to go through Swiss passport control or face the scrum at baggage collection.

David, could you elaborate on this, please. In UK departures your luggage is just tagged through to Geneva (if you're flying from Nice, it's different.....). If I recall correctly the luggage collection is AFTER Swiss customs. Are your guests going into the French side without luggage, then getting the baggage handling service to collect it for them? Surely all baggage of a flight from Gatwick, or anywhere else international, is all going onto the same baggage claim?

It's a while since I flew into Geneva with our car parked on the French side (because the Swiss car parks were all full). I think we had to clear our baggage through into the Swiss side, then go back through the "magic door" into France - and as it was late at night we had to whistle up the guards to do so.

We have had guests without visas for Switzerland, who have had to exit straight into France. Other members of the same party were briefed to pick up their baggage in the international arrivals hall.

But maybe there's an easier way?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe it's due to the fact no more snow after Early april is forecast, people squeezing a last holiday in while it's quiet before easter. My sales forecasts predict an early finish to this season, lets hope the Snow forecast is wrong.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, the easy way is to follow the directions found on www.gva.ch secteur France, quote 'When you land in Geneva with an international flight, head for the French secor's arrival (at your left before the passport control). Once you arrive in the French sector ask a Swissport or Jet Aviation attendent for your luggage.'
It's really easy we've used it every week so far this season, all our guests have been delighted by the ease and simplicity plus we get to park within 50 metres of the terminal.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, sales forecasts? Would that be www.sales-forecast.com using a very unreliable model that changes completely every 6 hours? Or are you back at work?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never thought about til now, but now I think about it I know loads of people flying out this weekend skiing. Was hoping for a quiet week Sad Oh well, beats being at home!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Definitely an element of people avoiding the school holidays. I'm flying out tomorrow Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David@traxvax, thanks. I think I was unlucky, the only time I tried that, having looked at the website - got a rather blank look, a look at the watch and "it will take quite a long time, isn't there anybody else who could get it for you" (I had visitors with no visa for Switzerland). Do they fetch up the baggage for your visitors quite quickly? Do you need to give them a list/description of the bags?

I ask because I expect more visa-less visitors next season (Zimbabwe passport holders).

The only time I checked in for a BA flight on the French side it was a complete nightmare. It was very busy with other flights, there was nobody around from BA and they weren't answering their phone. We had to run (illegally) through the "only passengers with boarding passes" route, to the Swiss side where a pleasant, but dozy, BA lady apologised and said somebody had left it off the hook....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, just give them the baggage tags and they do the rest, you can have a coffee whilst waiting. On departure you can check in at any dssk irrespective of airline, although a lot of the agents don't seem to know that but if you ask them to call the airline they're told they can check the flight.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy