Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice K2 Autos and their size

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
THinking about getting some K2 Autos bindings that are on offer to me for half price. What are people's opinions on them? I have heard rumours of the cable breaking on some - do not know whether this was a teething problem or something more substantial.

2ndly ones on offer are XL which are advertised for size 10 feet ( the large go up to UK10 as well). Bit worried that the XLs might be a bit large for an normal width board? I do not have a board at the moment, but acutely aware that I ride normally a 158 that has normally about 25cm aprox mid width.

Cheers for comments in advance.

Marcus
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello

I got some last week. I've only tried them indoors at Chill Factor for just over 1 hour. I go to Morzine on Saturday and will be boarding on them for 3 days.

I think they are fantastic - they seem more comfortable and responsive than my K2 V8 bindings. They are also 100g lighter for each binding, not something that I thought about when I bought them but you can tell when you carry your board.

My board has a waist width of 26.0 cm - i.e. it is a "wide" board. I doubt there would be a problem with a 25 cm board, but I couldn't say for sure.

What I will say is that unlike my conventional bindings with 2 ratchets (K2 V8s) you cannot move the platform forwards and backwards to centre your boot on your board. This is because of the cable system. So the chassis is fixed and cannot be adjusted.

A simple way around this is to rotate the fixing disks so that instead of the holes in the disks running parallel to the board, they run at 90 degree. That way you can perfect how central your boots are in relation to the waist. Downside is that your stance width is restricted to the descreet widths of the bolt holes, i.e. you cannot micro adjust your stance width. This is not an issue for me as I had my stance width based on the bolt holes anyway, but it might be for you.

If they were too wide for your board, I would be very interested in buying them off you since I have another wide board.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That was why I was asking really as I knew that they were fixed in length and the concern was that to allow for the bigger boots they may hang over the side of my board creating toe drag or in this case binding drag - far worse!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy