Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Friday in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wondered if anyone knows if it is common for businesses to shut on Good Friday in Austria?

The reason I ask is that I will be in Ischgl, and saw that the Arena nightclub in the Trofana is closed on GF due to the holiday.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quite likely, as they're a pretty superstitious lot. Crosses and cucifixes all over the place, even in hotels, which is a bit weird. I daresay it'll be skiing as usual, but it could be worth booking for dinner!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been in Ischgl a couple of times over Easter and never noticed anything being shut. Ditto with St Anton.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
richmond wrote:
Quite likely, as they're a pretty superstitious lot. Crosses and cucifixes all over the place, even in hotels, which is a bit weird. I daresay it'll be skiing as usual, but it could be worth booking for dinner!

lol! they are religious. Of course if anybody does anything else different to the UK in the world they are "strange" because the UK is THE benchmark for everything. Just because all the rest didn't break away from the Catholic church so Henry the VIII could get his leg over with Anne Boleyn means they are all weirdos. Wink

What is strange is that Good Friday is not a Bank holiday in Austria although it is in some other central european countries and the UK.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB wrote:
richmond wrote:

lol! they are religious.
I am religious, you are superstitious, he is an idolatrous spawn of the devil.

Quote:
Of course if anybody does anything else different to the UK in the world they are "strange" because the UK is THE benchmark for everything. Just because all the rest didn't break away from the Catholic church so Henry the VIII could get his leg over with Anne Boleyn means they are all weirdos. Wink

Sounds about right. Of course, C of E beliefs are superstitions as well. The weird bit is not that they are R. Catholics (that is weird, but wasn't my point); the weird bit is that they feel the the need to share their superstitions by adorning their walls with mystical representations. Still, it all adds to the gaiety of nations.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 6-03-08 12:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ireland closes its pubs on good Friday Crying or Very sad Thats why I will be in Austria on good Friday Toofy Grin. Pub might be closed because the Austrians do alot of street festivals over easter so the boozing may be outdoors! Great time to be there I am sure you will find somwhere to get a few beers Very Happy or a local schnapps Skullie
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy