Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cheap resort with Snow in April?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I've decided 1 trip this year isn't enough, so I might treat myself to another before my birthday in April Very Happy

Where would you suggest for sometime in April? It needs to be a nice cheap resort, with decent snow I guess. Not too fussed about apres ski, as I'll be there to chill out not party Wink

Prefereably France or Austria, but I'll consider anywhere Smile

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nobody can tell you what the snow will be like, but if you go somewhere with high altitude skiing, and/or north or east facing slopes, you'll have a better chance, and could have great snow. Will probably be spring conditions though, regardless of snow depth - icy in the morning, then nice for a bit, then getting slushy from 1pm or so, which can be fun too, especially if you're a snowboarder. If it snows in April, which it usually does, it often doesn't last long. Take plenty of suncream!

Val Thorens, maybe, or Tignes? We had a day in VT last April when the snow elsewhere was really suffering (very little decent looking snow further down the valley, e.g. Les Menuires, just lots of green) and it was fantastic. Extremely hot, snow fine. Not too crowded on the slopes, but it was transfer day, and I suspect that on the Sunday it would have been mobbed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, cheers for the reply. Yeah I wasn't asking anyone to predict the snow, but as you say the higher resorts may be better that time of year.

Just done VT in January, definately wouldn't say it was cheap though! Whats Les Menuires like cost wise (both in terms of accom and food/drink etc)?

Thanks again
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scottland, Consider Les Deux Alpes as well. It's high with a glacier and it can be done pretty cheaply with reasonably priced flights to Grenoble, transfers and accommodation. Costs for eating out and drinks are not too bad also. I shall be there myself up to 5th April.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B wrote:
Scottland, Consider Les Deux Alpes as well. It's high with a glacier and it can be done pretty cheaply with reasonably priced flights to Grenoble, transfers and accommodation. Costs for eating out and drinks are not too bad also. I shall be there myself up to 5th April.

Ok thanks, I'll check it out
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you go after mid-april, you'll have no problem with accomodation. I'd just book flights to Geneva and decide on the resort a day before you go. Tignes would probably be my pick if all other things were equal.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scottland, you could have a look at La Rosiere, it's high and it's got a terrific snow record, the resort is always open until the last week of April, we've always been able to ski back to the resort but a few of the lower pistes below the resort are closed although we often get a late storm and some more snow in April. It's also a good deal less expensive than the nearby resorts of Val D'Isere, Tignes and Les Arcs. We have a chalet in La Rosiere and the last week of the season is available at £260.00 fully catered, if this is of interest, you can find all the details on our website www.tracksvacations.com
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming Smile

Where would be best to check for last minute accomodation? I normally look on Igluski (or google) when looking, anywhere better for late deals?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Has nobody suggested the EoSb yet? 18th April, Val Thorens, excellent value.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, by the time you've drunk with the lardies.....the Eosb aint cheap Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Elizabeth B, well, by the time I've drunk etc etc etc...you are right Sad .Scottland might have a bit more self restraint Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try Nassfeld in Carithia if you can go fisrt week of Apr as has a great snow record for early april, although you will not be able to ski back to the valley. unless its exceptional You can fly into klagenfurt on cheap airlines. Try the Nassfelds website for cheap accom. Lift pass and drink cheaper than better known resorts. Ischgl is good for mid to late april and can be cheap at that time, again book direct through Ischgls website (there is an accom service) and you save a packet.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh should also have mentioned Are in sweden which is also snow sure well into April.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We've got some short break special offers running from 13th April till 5th May in Tignes. PM me for details if you're interested.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

has a great snow record for early april, although you will not be able to ski back to the valley

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction Puzzled

I would second La Ros/La Thuile, where you usually can ski back to the valley in early April.
snow conditions
No, the valley is at 600m, the main ski area between 1300m and 2000m accessed by the millenium gondola. Austria is very differet from France, like expecting to ski back to chamonix at the same time of year (unlikely) although you can still have great and reliable snow high up.
snow report
La Plagne is certainly high enough (around 2000m) to keep the snow until that late and it's dirt cheap most of the year anyway, so I bet you'd be able to get a good deal with P & V on an aprtment. Plus you have a glacier.
latest report
Val D'isere is high and despite its reputation for being expensive, can be cheap in April - I've booked a week there in April for £400pp, which includes flights, transfers and fully catered chalet (including drinks!!!)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy