Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Family Restaurants

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are a family of 5 with kids aged 5, 10 and 12. Any suggestions for best evening eating?
Looking for decent quality but casual dining, not budget particularly. Do we need to pre-book before traveling? We are staying in the Chateaux Whistler area.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Rim Rock Cafe
La Rua
Umbertos (Trattoria)
Kaze Sushi
Sachi Sushi
Fifty Two 80 at the Four Seasons
Aubergine Grill at the Westin
Ciao Thyme

Book in advance through your conceirge.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
These sites may give you some ideas

http://www.skiingbc.com/whistler_dining_guide/whistler_restaurants_guide.html

http://www.dinehere.ca/results.asp?l=28

The Rim Rock is our favourite in Whistler but I am not too sure how keen your 5 year old might be on it. This is their website so have a look for yourselves

http://www.rimrockwhistler.com/

You would need a taxi to get there. Booking is probably essential if you want a sensible time.......despite what the website says about phoning to book I have had no problem with email

We tend to stay in Village North (which is not near the Chateax) so my experience is more in that area and the Village itself..........so what follows may be of limited relevance to you unless you are going to come into the maim village a lot to eat at night

Places like Earls, The Keg, Milestones should all be good for family dining ( on the basis that I have seen these in Whistler and in Vancouver and I believe they are in Banff as well I assume that they are restaurant chains with a few locations. They do steaks, burgers etc. Google them and you will get the menus etc on the website)

We have had good food at 21 Steps....a bit more "adult" in its ambience than those above

For takeaways we have used Avalanche (main village) for pizzas and Splitz Grill (village north) for burgers. I can recommend both.

Caramba is a family style Italian where you can get decent pasta and pizza. The Brewhouse (a pub) has a restaurant attached which is very kid friendly. These two are pretty close to each other and near the Marketplace (not especially handy for you though)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Brewhouse, The Keg, Zeuskis, and Caramba were all good for families. Bar's chuck you out quite early , but the Brewhouse has a separate family dining area. Not that near the Chateau though.,
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last time I was there Zeuskis wasnt ..............so either they have moved from where they were (opposite Caramba) or have gone completely
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Monks grill would be fine for a familly and is next door to the chateau. Umbertos tratoria is another good one.

You shouldn't need to prebook prior to travelling, but i recommend booking at least a day in advance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
all good replys.
I second the Monks, Brewhouse,Keg all good family places, with decent food, and not too expensive. Booking is needed at all restaurants, but do that once you are in Whistler.
Zeuskis is no longer, there is another restaurant there in the same place though, cant think of name and never been to it.
Splitz Grill is awesome for burgers. Across the road next to 7-11 is a pasta place called Pasta Lupinos, a great cheap place, not very big and more a casual dining place than a restaurant as such.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
21 Steps has a great kids menu. We found that to be one of the best places we ate at during our stay.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all so much, you have been a great help.

BTW What's the food in the Chateau like?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Matthew Way, Sunday bruch is absolutely gorgeous, and Easter Sundays even better. Haven't eaten there at any other time,but the pricesdid not look too extortionate compared to others.I found Whistler quite expensive wherever we ate.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Something to bear in mind, particularly with younger kids in the party, is the portion size on the adult menus (may be different on the kids menus but it is a long time since my kids were that age so I havent seen what you get there). Although Canada is less extreme than the US in my experience, you still tend to get massive portions (by UK standards) possibly on the basis that everyone has to be seen to be keeping up with or outdoing the competition on portion size. Even allowing for the fact that it is an athletic holiday if you ski all day so you have calories to replace etc, they just give you far more food than you would ever prepare for yourself at home or than is reasonably necessary.

So you may want to consider sharing some times....pizzas being an obvious example but there are other opportunities. On many occasions we found 2 of what the restaurants described as "starters" was a very good meal. We never came close to having a 3 course meal of starter, main course and dessert. with each person having one of each.

They do of course operate the "doggy bag" system where you can get your leftovers "to go" which we saw a lot......................but who comes home the next evening looking to feast on last nights congealed meal in that take away container in the fridge(or have we missed out on something?)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We stayed at the The Fairmont for a week and never ate their, other than the free gold floor breakfast. I think the food is good, a bit pricey though.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fairmont is great food (great everything really) but you pay for it.

If you like Japanese , my favourite is Sushi village - located above Blacks Pub

Indian - Tandoori Grill - located above 7-11

also Ric's Grill is a nice restaurant. Not really big servings, but quality food with a good ambiance.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy