Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Billboards in support of Women's ski jumping in next Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Canada's women ski jumpers haven't given up their fight to compete in the 2010 Olympic Games. On Friday, their supporters put up billboards in Greater Vancouver that highlight the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) decision to keep women's ski jumping out of the 2010 games is a glaring contradiction.
The billboards quote the Olympic Charter's belief in gender equality: "Just imagine -- implementing the principle of equality of men and women. Let women ski jump in 2010," reads one of the signs.
...To make sure Olympic officials don't miss the point, one of the billboards was put up right opposite the Vancouver Organizing Committee's (VANOC) headquarters. The signs went up at the same time that the federal minister in charge of the Olympics was giving $20 million taxpayer dollars to the games.

The women have also set up an online petition, which has already collected 6,400 names. VANOC officials say the decision to include women's ski jumping at the Games is up to the IOC.

Opposition politicians in Canada also plan to table motions in Parliament and the B.C. legislature this week to push the IOC to change its mind and add women's ski jumping to the Games that Canada is hosting.

Sources: http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080222/ski_jump_080222/20080222?hub=TopStories and http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5juk2QyQmEE9GP0ZkKjEb-r2DMrmA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whatever next? ....this is a slippery slope Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
International Olympic Committee President Jacques Rogge has said he believes that including women's ski jumping in the 2010 Winter Games would "dilute" the medals because not enough women are participating yet in the sport.

See: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28022008/58/ioc-defends-ski-jump-axe.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can see the matter of principle, but I can also see the practicality:

Quote:
But advocates of women's ski jumping say the sport has broader appeal than others in the Vancouver-Whistler Games. They say there are 135 female ski jumpers in 16 countries.

135 is hardly a huge range from which to determine an Olympic champion. Mind you, I wonder if thee are other, approved, sports with dodgy numbers for a claim to Olympic fame.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Whatever next?

Topless women ski jumpers Confused Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles wrote:
135 is hardly a huge range from which to determine an Olympic champion. Mind you, I wonder if thee are other, approved, sports with dodgy numbers for a claim to Olympic fame.

How does 135 stack up against mainstream Winter Olympic events like "Aerials"?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surely they could do the normal intermediate thing and make it a demonstration sport at the games. Others games can later give it full status when the publicity has raised the numbers competing. I can't see why women couldn't compete at this at the same level as the men.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy