Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School in Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a friendly, helpful ski school in Soll.

I have skied 3 weeks and I am still nervous. Last year I was in Val D'Isare and had a horrible ski instructor, who was un-sympathetic and for me totally useless. I felt I learnt nothing all week. I feel that my skiing ability has gone backwards.

I am off to Soll at the end of Feb and would like to look for a school that would help me get more out of my lessons, and not leave me feeling like a complete failure because I can't do what the instructor can do.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Keren Ford, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I'm afraid I've never been to Soll, but I'm sure others will advise soon. In the meantime, we've had lots of debates about the merits of the ESF versus independent schools in France. Could you please tell us who your lessons in Val d'Isere were with, and whether they were private or group lessons, and any other details?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had lessons with ESF, and would not willingly ever use them again. I was in group lessons, and I am seriously considering private lessons this year. It was my first ski trip to France, and it has seriously put me off skiing in France again.

The two years previous I had lessons in Austria and both times I felt the instructors saw us the ski school group as a team, and we will all do well together, and paced it for the slowest person (not me).

The instructor in Val D'Isare seemed to not really care, the quote that finished me off was when I was trying to do something she had explained and I said "I am trying", her quip was "Don't try, DO". At which point I wanted to push her off the mountain.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I re-phrase that, I think it was ESF.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi

Don't worry about Soll, they know the Brits very well. The area is very ski friendly so you can enjoy lots
of gentle runs. And the nightlife is great. You will have a ball..!!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent, thanks JT.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think there are two main ski-schools in Soll, one wears purple uniforms and the other blue/white but unfortunately I can't remember the names ( Embarassed ). I've not used either but my wife has with the latter and has had good instructors each time. If you get Eugene (can't miss him - large black bloke from London with a wispy mustache) you'll have a great time - he's a top bloke, and totally saved my wife when she was ready to give up skiing.

As JT says, Soll is a great place with lots of good confidence building runs. You should have a great time!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Our group has used the school with purple uniforms a couple of times. I think they are called Bergenbahn or something like that. Although I may be confusing them with another resort! They had good instructors, good at building confidence etc, no language problems and I think that their skiing is advanced for the number of times they have been. That's partly down to personal ability I know but the good instructors did benefit them it seems. Its a great resort.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy