Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to Saalbach on Sat

Poster: A snowHead
Hey folks,

I'm off to saalbach on saturday and was wondering does anyone have any reccomendations of good mountain huts to get my fix of goulash soup!!

Really looking forward to going I've even spalshed out on new gloves, board and bindings this year. Very Happy Very Happy

If anyone has any other tips for the area pass them on too, ta

joe

PS we're staying at the hotel sonnegg in vorderglemm wee bit further down the valley but looks like really good access to the circuit!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
joe1978, we had lunch in the moutain hut halfway down the Bernkogelabfahrt (Blue 46) which was nice... also there are nice views from the hut halfway down the Westgipfelabfahrt (Red 6) into Hinterglemm, see below:

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
joe1978, Have a great time! i'm off out on the 1st March, 1st time so will follow this thread! snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Liam, joe1978, you'll both have a brilliant time... plenty more snow there than when we went so nearly everything should be open.

Visit Bobby's bar in Saalbach (i'm sure you will) as the drinks deals and atmosphere are pretty good... and nicely continental with the mental Dutch in abundance! Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Run 24 red in Langau has 2 resteraunts both of which do a great goulash. The goatstall is the main apres ski venue but during the day its food is fantastic and where 61 & 62 meet there is another nice little resteraunt Under the bachstall (Totally spelt wrong) There is a resteraunt about half way down that has horses inside while you eat (In stables behind glass) very strange but worth a look
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski-finder, I love the crazy dutch!!
Spent too many afternoons in the "shpeak eashy" and "ishe" bars in mayrhofen.
My musical taste also goes out the window...gotta love electro-euro-pop

joe
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
joe1978, we befriended a guy in our hotel who insisted on joining us for a game of poker... he knew all of the staff by name and didn't seem to ever actually ski!!!

Look out for the karaoke (sp?) too which is usually pretty buzzing too...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ordhan, ski-finder,

thaks for the advice, I'll print this out and take it with me!!

joe
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stay away from the Asteralm at the bottom of the Panorama 6 seater. Was there last month, very slow moving queue, food cold by the time it was paid for but what was worst was the Basil Fawlty rudeness of the owner at the cash desk. He swore in German about all the English speaking customers, (South Africans actually). They were only asking, I felt legitimate, questions over the prices he was charging them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
bauer's ski alm is AWESOME!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marctimms, where abouts is that?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
joe1978, If you want a truly memorable (and surreal) evening, get to The Hotel Peter, up the main street in Saalbach @ 8pm on Friday.

They are famous for Felsen Steak, cooked at your table on a stone slab by Herr Peter. At 9pm Herr Peter does a 90min magic show, in about six different languages.

Book at the start of the week...it's very popular.

Enjoy the week Cool

CD.

PS, the steak is FABULOUS.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski-finder, I agree with you - the restaurant halfway down from the Westgipfel is called Bergstadl and it is really good value for money, definitely one of the best in Saalbach. My favourite is the Bauernsalat - like a full English breakfast on top of a huge salad! V. v. good. Tirolergröstel there is also very good and really cheap. Goadstadl in Hinterglemm is also worth a visit, I agree with Ordhan.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bauer's is an awesome place to stop at the end of the day, it's right at the bottom of the nursery slope so accessible to all abilities. The ribs and pizza they do are well worth the money, we had some 'to keep us going' until the evening meal and had that much left over we had to give some away Very Happy
http://www.thurneralm.at/en/index.asp is well worth a late afternoon pint, especially at that price, but joe1978 would need to keep an eye on the time as he'd need a lst lift up on the Magic6er to be able to ski back down to Vorderglemm afterwards. That said though, taxis are cheap enough that it's no major hassle to find yourself 'out of position' at the end of a skiday.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
im going on saturday too! so this list is great for us as well. Went last year and it was great. The hut mentioned above http://www.thurneralm.at/en/index.asp does the best ribs i have ever had. There was loads and witha plate of chips they took me nearly an hour to eat them!!, get in for an early lunch for a great spot by the fire, especially if its a snowy day ....cant wait till sunday for my first days skiing!
latest report
daveqpr, look out for us, 6 boarders 2 skiers. I'm of the more generous end of build Embarassed , brown jacket and pants and black helmet riding a very bling white board and bindings!!!

Enjoy yourself

joe
latest report
joe1978, will look out for all the bling!!

I' ll be in a black north face jacket with a black QPR hat! eating loads of ribs
snow report
just got my ski s out of the loft ...only one more sleep ....canny wait!
ski holidays
ski-finder, bauers is at the bottom of the nursery slope as FenlandSkier said. if you don't know where that is, head up the main street in the town from bobbys bar (or the main gondola) and after the town square there's a sloping road up to the right. its up there. big red and white umbrella-awnings in the garden, you can't miss it (or ask anyone, its very popular!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy