Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wengen : group sport passes - who to contact ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to get a group discount for lift passes according to the details here

Quote:
Please make your written order in advance at the desired place of issue giving exact details of participants.

I have completed the order form and have sent two emails to info@jungfrau.ch without reply, one a few weeks ago and one earlier this week.

My question is simply: if the "desired place of issue" is Wengen, who/where/how do I submit the application ? Have I missed something or do they just want to make this as difficult as possible ? Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled

How have others got on, admin, you must have done this for the MSB's ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
masmith, I would assume that the desired place of issue will be the appropriate railway station, however I suspect that so long as you go there the night before you need them you will probably be fine, you have I take it spotted that kids between 6 and 15 only count as a half person ?

You could always try phoning them, they're open Saturday mornings if that helps

Tel: +41 (0)33 828 72 33
Fax: +41 (0)33 828 72 60
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
D G Orf, thanks, if I haven't heard back by Saturday will give them a call.

Quote:
you have I take it spotted that kids between 6 and 15 only count as a half person ?

Indeed I have. So do I take it in Wengen you buy your lift passes from the railway station, is there not a seperate lift pass office ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stay in Lauterbrunnen and usually have 70-90 people in our group. They need to know how many Adults, Teens (16-19), Children and Oldies (62 and above).
If they have a days notice they usually have them ready. I would suggest you use the smart cards (5 CHF) refundable as these can be kept in a pocket when going through
the lifts etc.

If you have a large group you could also ask for a reserved carriage on the train up to Schiedegg, we usually reserve a train in the evening for the following morning.
I don't know how that works in Wengen but the staff at the station in Lauterbrunnen are excellent, they once organised me a train in a morning with one hours notice when the weather was bad
and we decided not to go to the Schilthorn.

Suggest you phone them, I have found everyone in Lauterbrunnen and Wengen very helpful. If you are going to Wengen you need to get from Lauterbrunnen anyway so that may be your better option.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
escmatters, wow, that's a group, put's our group of 16 into insignificance, don't think we're large enough to qualify for a reserved carriage, sounds good though !

I thought the smart cards were mandatory now, is that not so. We're arriving on the train from the airport so already have travel all the way to Wengen planned. Due to arrive Wengen about 4pm on the Saturday, so will just make a quick call this w/end to make sure that this would give them sufficient time to prepare the passes for the following morning. If so then it's happy days.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
masmith, I don't think you will have a problem, and yes the railway stations issue the ski passes (and I think the cable car station as well but don't quote me on that), Wengen railway station is very efficient I was once told that if I wanted it they could issue a train ticket to Moscow and beyond, try doing that from a village railway station in the UK Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy