Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School - Pas De La Casa, Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,
looking to book in with a ski school in Pas De La Casa. Will be there from 19th - 26th Dec. There are 5 of us, all beginners and we need the skis and the passes also. Wondering is it possible to book this with a school now? Or do i have to go to a tour operator for this? Any schools to recommend?
Also have heard varying reports about The Sandy IV appartments....can anyone comment? We all young and have no problem with basic accom but just wondering are they warm, clean etc.??

Thanks for your time guys!
Regards from Irish Ski Virgin! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads, lavaghman snowHead

You should be able to book ski school in advance, ski passes I'm not sure about. Check the snowBase button above to find the Pas de la Casa website -which should have links to local ski schools and lift company. I've never been to Pas de la Casa - others around here have so I'm sure they can give you the low down.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lavaghman, some general guidelines for beginners (not specific to Pas de la Casa)

* if you can get a "learn to ski pack" through a tour operator, this can work out at really good value. It usuall includes ski school, equipment hire, and a lift pass. It is cheaper as you won't be using the lifts too much initially

* Otherwise, check with the ski school if you need a lift pass for the first day, as often you are on a nursery slope which doesn't require a lift pass.

* Also, check with ski school if a Lift Points card is available in the resort. A points card deducts a number of points each time you use a lift, and it might work out cheaper than a full list pass for your first year

* Some Tour Operators charge more in the brochure than they do in the resort when you are buying passes, ski school etc. And usually this amount is higher than if you bought them directly.

* although it may be cheaper to buy your pass etc in resort, it can often mean frustrating queues !

Sorry I can't be of more help about Pas de La Casa, but perhaps their website will give a little more information on the costs?
HAve a great time Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The ski school in Pas is excellent, you can book when you arrive or if you are booking a package holiday you will get the same school if you book with the operator. You can do the same with equiptment and passes.
Last year it was made optional to upgrade ski passes, the upgrade gives you access across to Soldeu and Grou Roig ( I think that how you spell it) well worth the money to upgrade if you are feeling adventorous.
Cant comment on the accomodation you mention never stayed there.
Hope you enjoy Andorra as much as me, I loves it
lavaghman, If you can - get to your nearest dry slope and get a beginners course there..you'll really benefit from this !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lavaghman, Ski school is ace- we had a mad New Zealander and he was first class!

Sandi IV- get yourself ready for some walking! Its right at the top of a hill - takes 5- 10 mins to walk down - and only 5 at most to the slopes. Ive stayed next door in the Manzano apartments b4 and met some people in the Sandi (Irish incidently) and it was clean and warm etc

Pubs - Underground - its so great! You have to love it there! and the KYU on the same road ( opposite Burger King) is owned by the same guy and has a mental DJ from Fife - total nutter! My tip is to drink b4 you go out aswell - bottles of vodka are like 2 euro there ( hmmm wonder why i liked it so much!?)

Ski school is over on the left hand side of the mountain - so allow plenty of time to get there on the first day - you might do well to get a ski locker at the bottom of the mountain so you dont have to haul it back up to your apartments every night

You'll have a fab time snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah, I'd second this. Ski school in Pas was fantastic for me (my first week skiing). Had a great teacher (Ricard, I think), who had the most excellent moustache which tended to freeze solid by the end of the lesson!

Nadenoodlee is right - ski school is a long way from Sandi Apts. I'd definitely leave around 1/2 hour to get there first morning so you arrive with plenty of time to get your boots/skis/equipment sorted, and once you've done a bit and got into the swing of things, you may well want to ski there from the 3rd/4th day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy