Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

manufacturer????

Poster: A snowHead
hi

if u had to choose a board which manufacturer would you choose or personally think the best.

im just interested to see what ones are good, just a bit of info for me so i know what to look at and what to stay away from when i get my first board

cheers jake
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dont go on manufacturer. Find a board which fits you spec. for instance
i really like betaleon boards and my son swears by them (being sponsord by them its not surprising!) but i'm not a park person, i'm a big mountain rider, i need a board which is good in all situations, piste, park, powder. I also wanted a ladies specific board to advanced standard which is 156. That was the hardest thing to find. I had never used a saloman board before, but the Ivy is the board that Jenny Jones rides. I bought it and i'm so so so happy with it!

So my advice is to find a selection of boards that fit your spec, try them if you can.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
basically im just goin to get a cheap board and bindings off ebay to start off with but there is so many different manufacturers like burton, ride etc i just wanted to find out what the bests ones were that you lot liked.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You really need to think about whether a board is going to be appropriate for you with respect to size, width, length, stiffness etc. and only then think about brand.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
im 6ft1 13 tone size 9 feet and was thinking of length between 155-160 sound good???
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
going below 160 would be good for you for a park/jib/freestyle board. For your weight and height I would look at 165ish, but then I like small boards and wouldn't go that long.

I'm really impressed with nitro, had 2 MFMs this winter and tested a misfit a week or so back. Burton is a bit meh imo but I haven't heard anything bad about the custom this year and even bought one.

That ivy has the torsion doodah in it, I thought it was quite a beginners board until I understood the torsion thing.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
As Stab says generally park riding involves a smaller board than mountain riding, but as an inexperienced rider,a board that stands upto just above your chin when held upright should be ok, a 161 upto a 164 should be ok for you, you do not need a wide board (which are sort of specials). Many board manufacturers have recommendations for the size of board for the weight of rider. Why not post details of any ebay board you are looking at on here and get some feedback on it
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
there i a couple im looking at first one is a

Salomon Prospect 159 Board and Tech Nine Bindings 2004 model

158cm Atomic snowboard from the 'DJ' series 2 years

i was looking at this one but need to make my mind up quickly cos the bids up soon its a 158 santa cruz freestyle board

or may just go for board and buy bindings seperate they are

MENS FORUM PETER LINE 159 SNOWBOARD.

or Ride Tempest 156 snowboard

are any of these good for me

cheers jake
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jakemorries wrote:
there i a couple im looking at first one is a

Salomon Prospect 159 Board

is that the orange one? Worst board ever made, I won't even rent it to beginners.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nah not orange but i think there is a few different designs
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get on the manufacturers web pages and check out the details to see if they suit you, also google any reviews of the boards, they will be freestyle or free ride or all mountain boards, avoid really stiff free ride boards or pure freestyle.park boards. There are so many board it is difficult to comment, I rode an Atomic 161 the other day and it was great, but I have no idea what one it was. If you see a Ride Timeless though, buy it,
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i have found a 161 ride timeless on there i will keep an eye on it
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cult board apparently and once you have been on one you are hooked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ok i will keep a eye on it
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Its all down to personal choice & budget, I have only ever had a Burton & a Rome but definately prefer my Rome. My brother rented a Ride board recently which he rated over and above the others he's had. I also have a friend who won't touch anything other than Burton regardless Shocked Atomic are not bad either.
latest report
I also rode a Burton Cruiser? Recently and hated it, it was a 164W though, and the 159 was only a little better, but I had been drinking for 10 hours the previous day so I was not on top form wink
snow report
rayscoops wrote:

If you see a Ride Timeless though, buy it,

My Ride Timeless 161 will be going on ebay shortly...
snow conditions
Also be aware that there's a lot of good kit made by smaller companies, it's a bit of a lottery but try before you buy and you could get a great board at a cheap price
ski holidays
jakemorries, but it is pink Shocked
latest report
I was lucky enough for Santa to bring me a new board at Xmas last year. I got one of these: http://www.arborsports.com/merchant2/a-frame.html (158)

You don't see to many around but it is one sweet board. It looks cool but it really is a great ride on pistes. Haven't had the chance to test it out in deep powder yet, but I think it should perform pretty well. Not really a park type boarder, so it is not ideal for the park
snow report
garyscott20 wrote:
I was lucky enough for Santa to bring me a new board at Xmas last year. I got one of these: http://www.arborsports.com/merchant2/a-frame.html (158)

You don't see to many around but it is one sweet board. It looks cool but it really is a great ride on pistes. Haven't had the chance to test it out in deep powder yet, but I think it should perform pretty well. Not really a park type boarder, so it is not ideal for the park

A few of the powder monkeys around here ride those arbors.
latest report
Have they mentioned how they handle in the deep?
latest report
pretty well but they have a lot bigger boards, probably the 66
snow conditions
how much u want for urs tony????

wat is pink im confused
snow report
jakemorries wrote:

wat is pink im confused

dunno if it's the picture or not but it doesn't look like it's just been serviced.
snow report
yeah tijnk so why??
snow conditions
Pink in colour
ski holidays
donek
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jakemorries wrote:
how much u want for urs tony????

not sure what it's worth to be honest. It is a 2001 model (I think) - the one with the oriental style characters on the top sheet.

size 161. been ridden well (10 weeks max), but certainly not particularly damaged. I love the board but I changed it as I wanted something more playful rather than an out and out charger.

when justifying my new purchase to my girlfriend I said that I hoped to get close to £200 for the Timeless, but I suspect that was an exaggeration wink Embarassed
ski holidays
158 Atomic snowboard and Bindings the dj series is this any good????
ski holidays
jakemorries, post a link to ebay for that board
snow report
u what lol
snow report
jakemorries, this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/158-Atomic-snowboard-and-Bindings_W0QQitemZ130198005658QQihZ003QQcategoryZ101731QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
ski holidays
yeah thats the one sorry didnt understand what ya ment what u think u reakon too small???
snow report
I would not go much smaller than a 161 really, you are quite tall and this site gives a guide on what to consider in picking a board

http://snowboarding.about.com/

I could not find the DJ atomic board when I googled it so can not comment on what type it is, but Atomic is one of the better known brands.

edit - try this site http://www.boardreviews.com/ for reviews of boards

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 19-02-08 18:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
i lookd on that web site and agree with u but it does say that a shorter the oard is the easier itb is to learn on ???
ski holidays
jakemorries, one you have learned you will want something a bit bigger, so not worth getting a tiddler straight way Laughing
snow report
ok cheers mate doesnt seem to be that many in the 160 area on ebay which is annoyin
latest report
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/rossignol-163-snowboard-Burton-freestyle-bindings_W0QQitemZ260212240341QQihZ016QQcategoryZ93830QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
ski holidays
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Superb-Nitro-Icon-64W-snowboard_W0QQitemZ150216439391QQihZ005QQcategoryZ93830QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy