Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

POC Helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Are they any good?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, Dont know about their helmets but their T shirts are great Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've got a Skull Comp with chinguard. It's lightweight for a full FIS spec helmet and the chinguard is very sturdy. I've used three or four different helmets and this one fits me the best, although that will vary from person to person. It does block out a bit of sound, but in bad weather I think it will do a great job at keeping you warm.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, You forgot to mention the Barbie Make-up bag that the Helmet comes in.
Quality, protection & lightness are unsupassed.
Unlike most helmets, which rely on a Polystyrene liner for protection, POC use a carbon fibre shell like a motorsports helmet, so give much better protection with less bulk.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh yes, it also comes with a very fetching travel case which could happily double for a large make-up case. Scott really likes his, apparently...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you know if all helmets meet the FIS rules for racing?

This is the one I'm thinking of getting:

http://www.onebelowzero.com/proddetail.asp?prod=65912&cat=94000

Not yet decided if i'm going to race, but want one i could use just in case. The one you have Rob is £250, i don't really want to spend that much!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beanie1 wrote:
The one you have Rob is £250

PM sent.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
beanie1, mine fits very well and is comfortable, but does make it a bit hard to hear with the solid bits over your ears....

A good place to see if helmets confrom is check out the bartletts catelogue. The main rule seems to be no vents or holes of anykind.

Whatever helmet you decide on I will donate my POC travel case to you if you want Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, which POC helmet do you have?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
same as robs... and i am guessing his PM will have explained why...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret, Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beanie1, You need the Skull Comp for Racing, it's the only one of their range FIS approved. The POC Armour is pretty special too, much better than the Motorbike derived Dainese stuff, the POC Armour is designed for skiing. The Gloves are great too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This seasons POC doesn't come with the Barbie Make-Up bag, looks like skimottaret, & rob@rar, are the lucky ones.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, i will make a donation...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, But it does suit you. wink
latest report
it does and will probably match my new metrosexual blue on blue arcteryx jacket that should arrive soon... but alas will look much better in beanie1 luggage and white helmet...
snow report
skimottaret, you have an arcteryx jacket? oh no, we're going to look like the brand twins!!!

I will gladly give a home to your barbie make up bag, ha ha!
ski holidays
beanie1, did you get white, black or Mancuso blue?
latest report
white!
ski holidays
rob@rar, I can just see you in Julia Mancuso Blue. Laughing
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
rob@rar, I can just see you in Julia Mancuso Blue. Laughing
The thought did cross my mind, but only for the briefest of moments Wink The white one did look nice though, but took the safe option of black eventually.

beanie1 glad you got one sorted out.
ski holidays
rob@rar, The last Large White one in the country. So big or small heads only for the rest of the season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy