Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift passes/ instriction in Banff

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snowheads, can you help??

Am going to Banff for New Year, I know it is a long time off yet but has anyone got any suddestions where I should look for reasonably priced lift passes and ski hire?

I also want to arrange some private ski instruction for myself after a horrendous confidence-wrecking packed week in Bansko - anyone know of any good and particularly patient ski schools/ instructors please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jennyski I would recommend booking private tuition in Sunshine or Lake Louise. Go on www.skibig3.com and follow the links via lessons to get to the individual mountain ski schools. There are many really good instructors at both so just pick one mountain. If you are staying in Banff, Sunshine is the probably the quickest to get to. The group lessons are limited by number so will be good aswell.
Lift passes - have you booked with a Tour Op, ie. Inghams/Crystal etc as they usually have really good early booking offers for lift passes ie. pay for 7 get 9 etc.
Ski hire - don't know as have own equipment.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Canada doesn't seem to offer discounted passes in the way in which some US resorts do. My experience in Banff is that TO prices are no better (or worse) than buying yourself. The resort website will give you direct prices. There are passes available for each of Sunshine, Lake Louise and Norquay. A tri area pass is likely to be a better bet, though, and gives free use of the shuttle buses (I'd suggest car hire, though).

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 25-02-08 10:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tuition is a monopoly at each hill (Sunshine, LL, Mt N), but very good. As minx says, private is good (it usually is), but our kids did well in group classes. Steve Edgar is a great instructor at Sunshine; you could ask for him (we used him for about a week a year for 6 years). Club Ski, which teaches you at each of the 3 hills on consecutive days, gets good reports.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As to kit hire, we used the shop attached to the Inns of Banff and the shop attached to the Banff Springs Hotel, as those were where we stayed. Both were fine. We booked through TO sometimes and direct others. Again, look at websites. There are loads of hire shops (who'd have thought?), but convenience is good.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want good tuition I'd book for sessions at Sunshine http://www.skibanff.com/ski_board_school/overview.php . Club Ski is good but doesn't focus so much on tuition as also showing you round the three different ski areas.

Ski Independence http://www.ski-i.com/ can normally offer lift passes at a discount - you don't have to book with them to buy one.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all I will have a look at the links you suggest - think I need one to one tuition for a day then see how I go.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy