Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How old is too old ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of 18 year old Lange Ski Boots which are so comfy i've never thought to change them - also have a pair of Head C120 Carvers which I bought about 9 years ago after trying them back to back against some Salomons and Rossignols of the day - they were the cheapest of the three but suited my 40 year old style of skiing which has been sortof adapted to carving on piste but not so much off piste !

The kit is used one week a year and the skis are regularly serviced - my question is has there been any noticeable kit development in the last 10 years that would help my skiing if I splash the cash - or am I as well just using what i'm comfy with unless i'm prepared relearn my technique better ?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The boots may well be getting brittle. PM CEM for his thoughts. The skis are fine, prob. just need a service and a bindings check. Others with more info will be along soon, don't worry.

But FYI, My Technica's are 11 years old and I'll be tossing them into the recycling bin when I clean out my cupboard . . . they're now a frosted orange and apocryphal tales talk of polymer leaching weakening the plastic . . . not going to risk it . . . besides there's 'shiny' & 'new' Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, Orange you say? Might be able to sell them to stropski, he seems to like orange. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My boots, Dynafit tourlite 2, are at least 22 years old. Used regularly for weekend skiing in Scotland and two or three weeks Alpine touring a year. The inners are starting to go but the outers refuse to wear out. I'd love some new Maestale's but if I spend £450 on a pair I wouldn't be able to afford to go skiing so much.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Filthyphil30k, They were bloody good boots, Technica Alu Icon Carbons, bought in an end of season sale for literally next to nothing and fitted like a tight glove out of the box, never even a twinge . . . better even than my board boots. Not the best to learn in as Smallzookeeper recon'd that they had a flex near 150 Shocked But I loved them. But 11 years? if CEM or the other boot gurus say they'll be fine I'll keep and use them happily . . . I've seen some matching orange softshell trews to go with them Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque,

What colour are the buckles & power strap ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
musher, red buckles and black/silver strap, why?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One of my firends had a 20 year old boot break on him while belting down La Face in Val d'Isere some years ago. He wasn't happy although luckily he bounced rather than snapping.

Any plastic is likely to be a candidate for being weekend by the stresses of skiing especially if you ski hard.

My 15 year old Salomon Evolution Performa ski boots went to the great skip in the ski on Monday. Apart from the liner having been noticably eaten by the local wildlife that hides in my garage, the shell was looking well part its best and didn't close up tidily when buckled, and not helped by Salomon not using a removable base plate at the front of the boot with this design. Upon reflection I'm glad I've not had cause for the bindings to try and evict me for quite a few years because of the state of the sole of the boots.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the comments - being Scottish perhaps I will try and get another 10 years out of them !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy