Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some advice to progress my (disabled)skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys and girls, im new to this forum. Ive been skiing for around 8 years and am an above knee amputee. Can quite happily hit fast reds and blacks with no problems and am now finding that my gear is holding me back. Im skiing a K2 silencer twin tip 80 underfoot (thus sinks in powder) and also use outriggers (as shown below, to aid my standing whilest skiing)
[IMG]http://www.superlite.org/outrigger.html[/IMG]

1) I am looking to do some powder/back country - does anyone know of wider outriggers for powder skiing?
2) Anyone hve any single ski for sale or know whetre i can get a single twin tip backcountry style ski?

Many thanks,
Paul
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, It might be a long shot as it is a US based company but you could try giving Black Diamond a call. I know a could of monoskiers who have managed to get single skis from returns for nothing or close to nothing. Though shipping to the UK may be something they don't want to do. Take a look at their skis anyway as they have a great range of Backcountry skis.

As for the outriggers you are probably on your own there as I don't know of anyone that makes wider outrigger skis - however, I do know of monoskiers who have modified existing riggers and added a fatter stub-ski. Two ways you could do this. One is to make a simple bracket to add a ski below the existing one - downside is weight. The second is to cut the existing outrigger ski to be a plate to mount a bigger ski underneath. The expensive route would be to get someone to make you an additional base for the outrigger to interchange. Assuming you are using something like the Superlight Outriggers you could also give them a call and either get a couple of skis to convert to mounts or see if they have any breakages they could give you.

Hope this helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Paul,

One of our team is a 3 tracker and uses ski poles when there is powder. He finds that there is less drag but there is the added balance issue. It may be worth giving it a few runs to save yourself a bucket load of cash. He also swears by a stiff boot.
I hope this helps.

Scorge
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy