Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

half term 2009. Best resort for beginner-single mum and 11 year old son

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, A work colleague of mine wants to take her son skiing next half term. Both would be classsed as beginners, although she did go once 20years ago. Not on a particular budget and very specific about wanting a hotel with pool and a transfer of about two hours or less. As we have never been so presriptive ourselves, I have been struggling to be much help. Could anyone assist with ideas. Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
maybe persuade her to add a "prescription" for a resort with top quality English speaking (proper English speaking, not just a standard vocabulary of ski lesson phrases) ski instruction, in small groups, readily available. Some of those (e.g. Courchevel) will be more than two hours transfer though. The quality of the instruction is the single most important factor. Les Gets might fit the bill, though I wouldn't know about pools there, having stayed only in cheap places (and spent the money on lessons....) snowHead

At half term, advance booking of lessons would be essential. Gives you priority in the big lift queues, though.

Even better, persuade her to take son out of school and go at a quiet time! Or go at Easter. If she's a teacher, commiserations.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd tend to point beginners toward the Easter hols rather than half term. The slopes are less crowded and it's easier to get a half decent instructor from a Ski School. At half term they tend to be so booked up that the the bigger ones will use anyone they can get their hands on. The smaller, more quality concious ones will be booked up weeks, even months in advance for half term.
At Easter the weather tends to be better too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had my first trip with my daughter, who was 8 at the time, to Geilo in Norway. Good beginner resort with plenty of gentle slopes and good English speaking instruction. Hotels are of a high standard and I think most had pools (mine did). Can't imagine it gets too busy at half term there just aren't enough beds there. transfer was I think around the 2 hour mark. Not the cheapest country to choose though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mfamily2, how old is the son. That may have a bearing on peoples suggestions.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We took my son to the Hotel Sport Vittoria, in Passo Tonnale. The hotel was reasonable, the food was good, rooms were ok and the pool, sauna etc were nice. The location was good as it is not far from the lifts so not too far to walk in ski boots and the ski school was excellent. Can't remember how long the transfer was though Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, the clue is in the title Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, Embarassed too much grog at a Pirate party last night
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, Laughing Did you get carried away with Cap'n Jack?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rob@rar, wink I couldn't possibly comment
Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy