Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Restaurant - Albert Premier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've checked the Albert Premier's completely uninformative flash site: http://www.hameaualbert.fr

It gives no details as to restaurant menu or prices (well, that I can find).

1) I have dined in their 'proper' Michelin starred restaurant about 9 years ago - fricking good. 9 courses guaranteed good - even if you don't like sheep's eyeballs, the Albert 1er would make em taste delicious. Cheese served by spoon, etc.

2) I know they now also have a Savoyarde restaurant

What I don't know is whether they have a modestly priced prix fixe menu for Wednesday evening on ye olde chalet night off. I'd like to book a table for 6 with 'em, but don't want to land my pals with an exorbitant bill. I know their half-board menu is a bloody good bargain, so I know they can do a decently priced set menu.

Does anyone know prices for their menu options? Or is it only going to be a la carte on a Wednesday evening?

Anyone know such info or where I can find it (without speaking french)?

Ta. Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crosbie, you may, IMHO, be better off checking out the restaurant that one of the Al 1er chefs now works in - http://www.lebistrotchamonix.com/

It's our favourite Cham restaurant not least because the food's excellent, the wine list is excellent and the staff are very welcoming.

This week's (it changes every week) menu:

LES ENTRÉES - 13 €

Cappuccino de champignons, salade d'asperges verte et jambon Ibérique
Mushrooms cappuccino, green asparagus salad and ham from Spain

Lapereau farci de lard d'Arna, pancetta et rémoulade de radis noir aux noisettes du Piémont
Stuffed young rabbit with pancetta, black radish remoulade and hazelnuts

Brandade de cabilaud, jus de viande pardumé aux truffes
Cod brandade, meat juice with truffles flavour

Salade de rouget, jeunes pousses et vinaigrette d'agrumes
Red mullet with young salad and citrus fruit vinaigrette

LES PLATS - 18 €

Pavé de thon rouge mi-cuit, chapelure de chorizo et minute de courgette
Slice of red tuna, chorizo and zucchini

Faux-filet de boeuf Hereford à la plancha, pomme boulangère revisitée, tomate, olive et ciboule blanche
Hereford tenderloin, potatoes and bacon, tomatoes, olive

Jarret de veau fermier braisé longuement, mousseline de topinambour et étuvé de roquette
braised veal knuckle, jerusalem artichoke and rocket salad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks David, that's very tempting. Albert 1er could well lose out to a restuarant that informs its patrons.

I checked the site out and a 50 euro menu would do nicely I'm sure.

Still curious about Albert 1er though - also whether the Savoyarde restaurant is worth a visit (or just for folk tired of the haute cuisine).

I note your point about welcoming staff. The wine waiter at Albert 1er 9 years ago was like a strict headmaster. I don't think he found my french particularly satisfactory - but he was fun in a masochistic sort of way. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Best restaurant in Cham we ever found was the Atmosphere, overlooking the river by the main square. Then again, we aint into Michelin type food.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haven't been to Albert 1er, but I've been to Hotel Eden a few times. Food is excellent, as is service. As good as the best I've been to in London.

Charlatanefc, I like Atmosphere too, as well as L'Impossible & Munchies. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, interesting, we looked at the Eden for our "staff night out" after the season last year which we never in the end got around to...looked mighty fine. Atmosphere is good but not a particularly inventive menu IIRC (although the 2 times I've been have been after an enthusiastic apres ski drink so recollection a little vaguer than one would like... Munchie excellent. l'Impossible still on the list to try.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, Steaks in L'Imposible are probably the thing to go for, cooked on the open fire. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, was in Munchies just two weeks ago, as good as ever.

We tried Tigre Tigre this year and it was surprisingly good. Everything was obviously freshly prepared, lots of fresh herbs too.

Just make sure you don't get a window seat and end up with a view of the shite hole that is Chambre Neuf.

rolling eyes
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch wrote:

Faux-filet de boeuf Hereford à la plancha, pomme boulangère revisitée, tomate, olive et ciboule blanche
Hereford tenderloin, potatoes and bacon, tomatoes, olive

Shocked

Yikes, that's a turn-up, the french serving our British Standard of Excellence (BSE) Beef
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, yum.

bladeskier, Tigre started our a little underwhelming but have really found their stride. Actually, to be fair, it's our other favourite Chamonix restaurant. The third one being Casa Valerio. I don't think I could rank them in any sort of order.

I'm allowed 3 favourites aren't I? The only reason Munchie doesn't feature is that it's hard to get a booking sometimes. For good reason. Satsuka (Japanese) would feature but I have my group head on and one of us doesn't like sushi Puzzled
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy