Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where can we find the best snow in march?

Poster: A snowHead
We are looking at going skiing / boarding in March, can anyone suggest the best resort to go, we are looking at France mainly but willing to consider other countries. ta very much thanks Confused
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
when in March? In early march the snow should be at its best just about everywhere. But the first week will be VERY busy with French school hols. w/b 8 March should be ideal all round.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smith&powney,

Welcome to snowHead 's. No simple answer as everywhere differs year on year. Aim for France and high and you should be fine. We go Les Arcs/La Plagne.

Another opotion if doing a DIY is to book the flights if you can get cheapies and then worry about venue nearer the time. Be careful this year as March is a wierd month as Easter is incredibly early on the 23rd March. This while normally a quieter time will be very busy Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thank you for your info, mid march it is! just got to decide on the venue now! Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
smith&powney,

You going to do a full week or short break?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
and what are your other criteria? Kind of skiing? Quality or quantity? nightlife? Hotel, chalet or self catering? Just asking for a resort in France - or maybe elsewhere - gives us a rather large choice!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we are going for a full week, hoping for a bit of a night life and some quality skiing/boarding, we can be flexible on accomodation, but stuck on the best resorts
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smith&powney, you could do worse than go to Les Deux Alpes. Noted for night life (many French resorts are not), loads of skiing including very high slopes, so you've no chance of running out of snow. But from the point of view of snow, in the week beginning 8 March, you shouldn't have problems with snow except in a very bad year. Advice to book flights and then wait to decide where to go is good, unless you want to buy a package. Any of the big areas - La Plagne, Les Arcs, Les Deux Alpes, 3 Valleys, Espace Killy, etc etc should be good. But what do you mean by "best resorts". Best for what?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you could also try livigno, italy as they have a pretty good snowboarding park there.....personally i think wherever you go this season you will be fine in march due to the early snow fall......its gonna be a good season.....we have skied there in march and april and have had no trouble at all in past years
hannah
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
smith&powney, Welcome to snowheads snowHead

I've been to France mid March for the last 4 years and not had any problems with snow cover. Last 3 years we have been to Morzine which isn't a high resort and still no problem with snow Very Happy

pam w's, suggestions are good.

snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone for your sound advice, its been really helpful Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What do you think that Alpes D'huez will be like from the 26 Mar for 7 nights? Both persons wise (with easter hols) and snow? Also I am an intermediate skier and would like an opinion on the pistes.

Cheers, Rob
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i konw i'm basised but i reckon serre che is a better bet than alp d'huez. March is normally awesome! And if the pistes continue to be as good as they are now it's gonna be amazing in march
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
smith&powney,

Early March you should have great conditions anywhere. You certainly don't need to go to high french resorts to find good snow. Some of the best snow I have ever skied has been in the low Austrian resorts of Zell am See and Soll in Mid March
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
smith&powney wrote:
thank you for your info, mid march it is! just got to decide on the venue now! Very Happy

Mar is the start of Spring. It gets warmer and sunnier.

Head as high as possible.

The village should be atleast 1500m, preferably 1800m.

You want the slopes to be white, not green.

France and Switzerland have the highest stations.

Try St Moritz, Zermatt, Val d'Isere, Courchevel 1850 or Val Thorens.

If you want Austria, go to Lech, the snowiest resort in the Alps.

Enjoy.
latest report
smith&powney, mid march is easter this year... could be expensive....
snow report
Whitegold,

Sorry, but that is total rubbish. Snow accumulates and although slightly warmer, I reckon March, is the best month for skiing. I have never encountered slush/ grass in Austria in March, in fact I've had fantastic conditions at 700m. The further east you go the colder it gets.

I have been rained on upto 1800m in Alpe D'Huez in Mid Jan. Had no snow in Passo Tonale (1900m village) in January. On what grounds do you write off the lower resorts of Austria? Puzzled
latest report
As far as we're concerned March (all of it) is high season. No-where should have any problems in March unless it's a very bad snow year.

smith&powney, Of course I'm biased (like snowangel., for her home), but I reckon here would be just about perfect. Very Happy
ski holidays
thank you, we have decided on soll in austria
ski holidays
smith&powney,

Good choice. There is a massive amount of skiing in Soll. You can ski to a different village every day for lunch Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy