Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 19th - 26th January. Is anyone around that week?

Poster: A snowHead
I've been trying to track down a thread which may only exist in my own head. Confused

Spyderjon and myself are on the Warren Smith course that week, and I'm sure I've seen a thread where there's a few other snowHeads about the resort that week - although not on the course.

So, who are ya?

Fancy a slide/beer?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mosha Marc,

I'll be over in the next valley but will try and pop over for a few things.

What do you fancy doing ski-wise?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be there. I know that I can't keep up on the sliding and after last year I doubt myself on the beer side. I'm on the course again and am looking forward to seeing you, Jon and any other snowHead s there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ianmacd, looking forward to meeting you again, hope the injuries keep away this time.

JT, we're arriving early enough (hopefully) on Sat 19 to get at least a half days sliding in. The course then runs 9(ish) - 3(ish) for the full week with wednesday off for good behavour. Are you out there with Kitenski?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
parlor, I'm hoping we'll get to chat for longer than 30 seconds this year snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc,

He should be about on the wed, I think. Haven't heard from him for a while so hoping nothing has changed.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc wrote:
parlor, I'm hoping we'll get to chat for longer than 30 seconds this year snowHead

Quickest non-beer ever!

I've got my family out until Thursday but will be around for a drink one evening, or 6.

Farinet Apres Ski from 5ish most days and Wonderbar for a little beverage after dinner.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mosha Marc,

Where are we on this.....?

Might be able to come over on the wednesday... and access from Les Collons. I still need to know when Greg arrives and he will clear that at work. Plus I don't know how we will get there atm but it is wednesday of nothing for that week.

We will also be passing through from the 26th so will need to have had a look around.

Do you know the area well...?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT, I know Greg is OK for the wednesday, at least he was when I last spoke to him. I think he's heading back from the far east at the moment.

For us it is really Wednesday or nothing as we're busy all day every day on the course, but it would be good to get together if we could.

We, Jon and I, need to be at Geneva Airport by 14.20 on the 26th, so should be in town untill at least midday I'd guess - so a sneaky three hours could be shoehorned in.

I've only been to the area once before - same course last year; frankly I wasn't paying too much attention to where I was as I was trying hard not to be dropped!

parlor on the other hand.....................................
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, A bit off-topic, mosha, but I've just got back from Verbier and those Warren Smith courses sure looked popular - I'd love a report when you get back. Which course are you doing?

Farinet is a mad/bad place BTW... I went in for a quick one at about 4.30 one night and came out - in full ski kit, with skis! 3 hours later unable to remember where I was staying!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc,

I have parlor's number and should be going back to the area after we move on from Zinal on the 26th. We are due to stop over in Arolla sometime, so will work our way west and hopefully catch up then.
Greg PM'd me the other day so hoping that will work out as planned.

I was last in Verbier years ago and I bet so much has changed but I would think it would be relatively easy to find my bearings and find bits.
As I said, we would come in from Les Collons which will put us within striking distance of the Tortin/Mont Gele area quite quickly

Do you have Greg's mobile?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
red 27, it's the one from the 20th to the 25th; just a normal punters course not GAP or anything like that. I may have to avoid the Farinet!

JT, I thought I had, but it isn't in my phone.
ski holidays
 monster77
monster77
Mosha Marc, I am out with a bunch of mates that week (not on a course). We are staying in one of Peak skis chalets. If you are on a WS course I guess you must be too. I will look out for you.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
monster77, how do. Looks like we're in with Peak Ski too; in either the Chalet L'Epervier or Armillaire. Are you in either of those?
snow report
 monster77
monster77
Mosha Marc, Theres a thing, we are in the Armillaire. we use that chalet this time every year, we have been for years rolling eyes it is a good challet and convenient for the medran lift & pub mont fort. so we might meet up as I know that there is space in there and Joyce who runs peak ski said she may fill the space with WS clients.Very Happy
snow conditions
monster77, hope my herpes and halitosis has cleared up by then.
latest report
Mosha Marc wrote:

How to win friends and influence people Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope you guys all have a good time!
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, we're in Serre Chevalier for a long weekend. Have a beer or two for my birthday like last year, and have a great week snowHead
latest report
RachelQ, tequila all round then, again. Have a good birthday.
snow conditions
 monster77
monster77
Mosha Marc wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I look forward to meeting you, Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Can somebody do something about the high temps forecast for next weekend? Sad
snow report
Mosha Marc, and other competent skiers (ie not me) I've just had an email from WSA and the course will be running from Mon-Fri ie Wed will be a course day. Just wanted to let you know as it may affect your plans. Conditions look like they will be great.
ski holidays
I'm back and up for some serious off piste stuff next week in between meetings Smile
snow report
JT & kitenski, as Ian has said the WSA format has changed next week to Mon-Fri so we won't be able to make the Wed meet we've talked about.
snow conditions
spyderjon, ianmacd, thanks for the heads up.

Sadly, it means we probably can't get to slide with JT and kitenski now - just as well for you guys. Fancy a swift one after the lifts shut? We're off the course by about 3.00.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, I'll be around at the weekend with the good lady, so if you fancy a beer or a ski I'm fairly sure spyderjon has my mobile number.

PS am out on 545 flight from LBA Sat am - are you on the same one?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 14-01-08 22:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
BGA, sounds good, we should get onto the snow by 1300 on Sat and have all day Sun to slide around now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Am trying for a PB on Sat - if all on time I reckon we can be on the snow at 11.15. Flight arrives 0845, no luggage, Range Rover already in long stay at GVA airport so no faffing with rental car queue. 1h30 to Le Chable, abandon car, up in lift, sprint to our flat 2 mins from Medran, change and out. Job done. Just need to ensure spyderjon doesn't see the state of the bases and edges on my Gots after he lovingly serviced them for me Embarassed although if the snow is as good as it was yesterday the Sumos may get an outing Cool
snow report
BGA wrote:
Flight arrives 0845

Ours too. You on the sleazy jet from the midlands?
snow report
No, Yorkshire's finest from LBA
ski holidays
BGA wrote:
Mosha Marc, I'll be around at the weekend with the good lady, so if you fancy a beer or a ski I'm fairly sure spyderjon has my mobile number....

BGA, sounds good & yep I've got your number. I'm surprised you haven't snapped up those Goat'n'Dukes in the Buy & Sell section wink
snow conditions
Good stuff. Still in negotiation phase with OH re Got/Duke. Difficulty in coming up with plausible answer to 'WTF do you need another set of skis for' Current line of attack is 'but some ski touring will get me fit and healthy and you did say I should get fitter and lose some weight.' Hopeful at this stage
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, spyderjon, parlor, and anyone else around in the valley

Ok, our plans are shredded...no problem with that... and if we hit the valley at any time, we will give you a call to see what is happening, be it a beer or whatever..

Bon Ski..!!

The SE of England is getting a right lashing so hoping this is heading your way...!!!
snow report
JT, look forward to hearing from you, enjoy it.
latest report
I don't know exactly, but surely, I'll be in verbier 3-4days; from sunday night to wed/thursday (skiing 21th to 24th aprox.)......... then go to chamonix (and then to la grave. Razz Laughing Laughing )....... So if anyone can meet in the slopes or in the bar will be nice.....
snow conditions
AlTom, excellant. Some of us will be on the Warren Smith course during the day, but tend to grap a beer in the bar near the medran with a car in it as the lifts close.

Look out for snowHead stickers on helmets and people with frightened looks on their faces,

Say hi ifyou see us snowHead
snow report
Right, I'm off to Spyderjon's see you in resort - I hope.
snow report
Mosha Marc, see you soon.
snow report
spyderjon, Mosha Marc, ianmacd, Have fun and enjoy your course snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy