Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Photochromatic goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My old trusty poc's cornea nxt photochromatic goggles are almost buggered. Unfortunately I cant find a poc big nxt replacement in cornea or retina on the market to replace them with. So what's my options with other makes of goggles with photochromatic lenses?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smith are good my wife has them, I used to have a pair of Scott ones which were excellent, unfortunately I had to buy replacement ones in resort which aren't photochromatic Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I purchased some up at Glenshee a couple of days before it all closed down, so not had a chance to test, but like the idea.
Bolle ones, they were. Stated as Cat S1-2, and certainly very light and good for dull cloudy light with s mild pinky yellow tinge iirc. Can't say how dark they'll go. Think that they do a men's and ladies' version: the ones I bought seem good for my small face.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have a couple of pairs of Salomons, the latest from this last season, and they're both excellent.

I did check all the specifications and those were the best I could find both times.
They work great, I'd never go back.

The only time you'll ever notice them is for about 2 seconds when you
ride from bright sunlight into forest, but even then they change fast enough.

They're not as dark as the darkest, but I've not had any issues with that.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Julbo are good - i'm still using Smith though. Red Sensor in the past, now the newer Rose chromapop version photochromic i think it is. Works great from skiing under floodlights at night to sunny days. (All day mountaineering on glaciers etc would be another matter of course...).

Mine was for the I/O7 - the "ChromaPop I/O7 / Photochromic Rose 30-50% VLT"...

Link direct to a current smith option doesn't want to work, but go to smithoptics.com and you can choose the 'lens technology' to narrow the displayed choices down to the photochromic options

Summat like this one -
https://www.amazon.com/Smith-Optics-Adult-Snow-Goggles/dp/B07D8MZS9M/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=smith+photochromic+ski+goggles&qid=1575886017&sr=8-6&tag=amz07b-21

They're very good, highly recommended (and non fogging).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy