Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nierau/Oberau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have any Snowheads been to either Niederau or Oberau please?

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine wants to go to Niederau (hotel haferwirt) with her 9 year old grandson second week of March. The tour company she is going with makes a big thing of sleigh rides, tobogganing etc. Neither of them are going to ski really (strange I know) - they just want an alpine experience But, on checking and seeing that both resorts are only about 850m high, I just wonder whether there will be any snow around in the valley for such as sleigh rides? Of course they can always go up the cable cars etc

This friend has never seen the Alps in the snow and is really keen to see the prettiness of Austria etc.

Any views would be greatly appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Villz,

Been to Niederau plenty and know hafernwirt too, it seems fine, has mixed reviews like most places. I can think of other better resorts if they don't want to ski. Niederau is lovely, we return regularly but the tobogganing is usually at night there and its okay. They bus you out to Oberau for this and you sit on the toboggan whilst a drag lift does the hard work and takes you up. Coming down very fast is good fun but a little scary as no way of stopping. Dig in your heels and hope for the best.

Done the sleigh ride with my daughter of this age and she was bored. The snow isn't too good at Easter unless a freak snow storm comes in. I know I sound a bit negative, and I don't want to put a downer on your friends plans, niederau has a first class ski school and is fab for beginners. You would need a little more if skiing isn't your bag. Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zobo, thanks that's pretty much as i expected! Guess anyone other than beginners and early intermediates wouldn't find it that good for skiiing . Thanks for your insights!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Villz, THere are quite a few snowHead have been to Neiderau. Quite a lot of them comne back several times.

I was there in late January last year, and we had virtually no snow Sad

Most (not ALL) Austrian resorts are fairly low at resort level, so snow in the valleys can rarely be guaranteed, even in places where the skiing is much higher, and Neiderau is certainly no exception to this.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy