Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

kids in childcare all day...anyone do it

Poster: A snowHead
at the moment we are torn between booking PSV wit snowbizz who will take kids of our hands for 3 hours in the morning, then we have to have them again in the afternoon, this i think will suit kids (who will be 7 and 5) better as they are quite shy and like to be with mummy and daddy.

Or our other option is belle plagne or plan peisey with esprit. With them we could have the kids pretty much looked after for he whole day if we wanted. I know we could not book them in for the afternoon but it kind of seems pointless having such a big resort to go at if we can't get round any of it. the only advantage i can see is i need to have some lessons whilst there so having the kids looked after all day would mean hubby and I would still have time to explore the resort, but it just doesn't seem like much of a family holiday palming the kids off ad I'm not sure our kids would thank us for it.

can anyone who uses esprit let me know how the kids enjoy their hols?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
charlichops, Been with Esprit 3 times now and they do take the kids at 9am and you get them back 6pm. The kids have a ball. I have written about this before. You get what you pay for. Sometmes the accomadation may not be 100% with Espirt (Peisey this year was best yet) but their childcare is top class.

We have 3 kids, this year they were 9, 7 and 6 when we went. The 2 older did super sprites all days. Regarding your first paragraph, I can guarantee that I have seen little shy kids who love to be with mummy and daddy sharing with us completly ignoring mummy and daddy and having more fun with the news kid friends they have made.

Each to thier own. Our choice with Esprit is selfish. We want to ski all day, that said our kids have learnt to ski and made lots of new friends. One other small point, if you do book them in all day with Esprit but want one afternoon to take them out and go messing about on your own, they have no issues with that. That said first year we went we tried that and the kids refused to come with us as they were going on a treasure hunt. Laughing

Of course you and your hubby can use the time you will have on your own in the afternoon for non skiing activities. Bet your husband has them booked with Esprit by 6pm tonight Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller, Laughing Laughing Laughing

on a serious note it's actually hubby who is worried about the kids being in childcare all day, i'm the one keen to have the day to ourselves to ski. We really like the look of the new chalet hotel they have in belle plagne. I also keep forgetting that it is another year and both kids will be used to being at school all day by then so being in childcare all day shouldn't be any different, just more fun in theory. also as we have to go mid january i think la plagne might be a better bet for the snow rather than PSV.

I haven't checked on availability for 2009 yet with esprit but it will be another month or so before we can book as i need a bigger deposit than for snowbizz do you think i will be pushing it to get what i want in a month or so's time???
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
charlichops, my kids didn't like spending all day in ski school or childcare. They aren't shy either. We didn't go with Esprit however (it was a long time ago).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charlichops, I think you have got to stop using the word 'childcare'. They are very well looked after with minders ratios numbers incredibly strictly adhered to but the aim is for them to have fun. Esprit ain't stupid. If little kiddie hates skiing then mammy and daddy ain't coming back. They never stop all day. We had 2 doing super sprites this year so they had 4 hours on the slopes everyday. They loved it but they were knackered.

I know of the place in Belle Plagne and of all the spots in Paradski I reckon it is one of the best. All day skking on your own will give you lots of options. I know that the Hotel only opened this year and they were having teething issues but by 2009 I reckon it will be a great place to stay. We for the last 3 years have booked in January for the year ahead but the other 2 couples sharing with us this year had only booked quite recently. Its nice booking in advance, something to look forward to. Also mid January is great in that area. Even in the bad? snows of last year we had a great time. Belle Plagne is so high you won't have an issue.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
charlichops If you place them in the freezer then I am sure they will keep until you get back from holiday!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller, but they didn't hate the skiing, it was the other activities that they got bored with, and they didn't like the fact they were on holiday with their parents but hardly saw them. It is after all meant to be a holiday for all the family, and to me, that actually means spending time with them, eating with them. We ALMOST went on Ski Esprit with friends when the boys were older (11-12ish), they weren't allowed to eat with the adults, so we didn't go.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flexibility is the key thing when I take the family:- some days we ski all day; other days just for a few hours and spend the rest of the time with the young 'un. Friends have been with Esprit to Les Arcs, and said they were good.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, Each to their own. We have taken 3 kids for 3 years on the trot on holiday with Esprit, they have had a ball, they have met loads of other kids. We listen to the kids, if they were unhappy they would tell us but they just love it Laughing As for not eating with them, from experience they have had so much fun and exercise during the day they can barley keep their eyes open and are asleep by 7.30pm. Win, win snowHead

A I said, each to their own, we like Espirt, the lady asked for experience of Espirt, on which mine have been, on chilcare fantastic, on the all day care, the kids have had no issues and on chalets has been good. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
we have just come back from our second holiday with esprit. last year our son was 3.5 and he went in spritelets and snowclub. this year he went in beginners ski lessons and snow club. our other son was in nursery all day as he is only 1.5. The formula works well and we like it. we did feel a bit guilty about leaving them all day but then we said - hey its our holiday too, we spend 51weeks of the year with the kids and eat a meal EVERY night of the weke together as a family, we take summer hols in a caravan so we can spend loads of time with them, we are entitled to some adult ski time !!! the kids had a ball - my eldest had to have his skiis forceably removed ont he last day as he didnt want to stop !!! with esprit you get to ski with your kids on last day as there are no lessons - perfect for them showing off what they have learnt.
as has already been mentioned - they are really flexible and you can take your kids out when ever you want. some parents picked there kids up at 3pm and had an hour or so skiing with them every day. they make friends and have a ball in the chalet as there are loads of kids about (not quiet but then quiet times were written off the day you decide to have kids !!!)

someone in our chalet went with esprit to peisey last year and said it was a great resort and the chalets and the food are superb - they all have a hot tub and sauna. i know where the chalets are as we have stayed in peisey and the location is superb. why are you booking now ? wait until october / nov and you will get a cracking deal. we got a family of 4 in st anton for £999 (booked in nov for jan)

PM me if you want to ask any more questions- happy to give you as much inside info as i can
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
kids in Portugese holiday apartment all day...anyone do it

Yes. They hate tapas.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
backhojo, We booked a year in advance as we were a group of 9 which as we wanted to go to Paradski it was difficult to find what we wanted so we had to book in advance. Also some of us are real men wink Laughing and have 3 kids so even as a family of 5 it can be very difficult to find accomodation. Why has the world decided that all families should be 2 adults and 2 kids Mad Laughing

We stayed in the chalet in Peisey you are desribing 3 weeks ago and they are fantastic. Best quality yet with Esprit.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My lad has only ever been in a morning ski school....he is gone for 3 hours and we found that was plenty of time for us to go off for a play around the resort. He learnt to ski at age 4 in Italy and was on the reds in Lapland the following year.....we actually enjoy his company when skiing and I'm quite pleased that he is perfectly capable of skiing alongside us both. I wouldnt think there was any point taking him to put him in ski school or kiddie club for the whole week.... when he was younger, he stayed at home with the grandparents...

He'll be 8 this year and is already moaning that we are again putting him into ski school, he doesnt think he needs to learn anything else rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks everyone for your advice

I am still considering my options, i think when i ring esprit for a quote today it will help make my mnd up Shocked I'm prepared for it not being pretty
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
charlichops, friends I mentioned above have stopped going with Esprit because of the prices.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, I am buying an apartment because of the prices wink Laughing
ski holidays
charlichops, esprit have had very good value late offers for the time that you want to go (from another thread).

We used them once, the kids weren't bothered when we left to go out in the morning and weren't bothered to see us get back in the late afternoon and clearly had a great time. They would have made a huge fuss if they hadn't been enjoying it.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy