Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

262mm boot length - what size is it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone take a stab at what 262mm translates to in either mondo pt or uk shoe size?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mondo 24.0 or UK 5
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman, does it not depend on the make? my Head boots are mondo 24.0 24.5 and the sole length is 289mm
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx, I based it on Salomon. Daughter has a pair with 265 sole length at UK 5 1/2, Mondo 24.5. My Head boots are 26.0 sole length 303mm. Your right it is brand and model dependent.
Gives a rough guide though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It also varies within brands. According to the 2007/08 Salomon tech manual, Salomon Mondopoint sizes 22.0/22.5 have boot sole lengths of between 263 and 268mm.

My Salomon Course SC Mondo 24.5 boots have a boot sole length of 283mm.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
262mm would be 22/22.5
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, Is that right? only 3mm difference in sole length for 2 Mondo points Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, are you sure they are 24.5, as my 24.5 /24.0 shell salomon equipe 9.0 are 284mm, my really old head 24.5 were 283mm.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry folks. the boot was scratched and I miss read the figure, looked at the other boot, it's 285mm at Mondo 24.5 not 265mm. Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman wrote:
Sorry folks. the boot was scratched and I miss read the figure, looked at the other boot, it's 285mm at Mondo 24.5 not 265mm. Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think we have a 'Budding Bootfitter' in our midst. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy