Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

transport from venice marco polo airport to Lavarone

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, does anyone know if there is any easy way to get from Venice Marco Polo to Lavarone? I have tried searching and there doesn't appear to be a shuttle service. I am looking for a short break so hiring a car or getting trains is not an option.
Cheers
j
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doing it without using a train or hiring a car would probably mean a private taxi which would cost an arm and a leg.

There must be a bus-train-bus option there. Bus from airport to Mestre, then train to Rovereto or Trento, then a local bus. Sounds like a lot of hassle though.

Why would hiring a car not be an option on a short break?

Have you priced it up? Car hire is spectacularly inexpensive in winter in Italy.

I just booked a car from Milan for 6 days for £48.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Found this transfer service https://www.flyskishuttle.com/en/

It seems there may be a shared bus transfer from VCE depending on flight timings

This suggests there is a public bus service from Venice to Lavarone, again depending on timings, you may be able to get a bus from airport to Mestre and pick it up there.

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Venice/Lavarone

Though it looks like you need to change buses a few times alond g the way.

Car hire looks the best option if you can find a cheap rental.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Luigi..I am not sure I am brave enough to drive in Italy.... Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
peeblesarmenian wrote:
Thanks Luigi..I am not sure I am brave enough to drive in Italy.... Puzzled

Driving in Italy gets worse the further South you go. You do get the odd Alfa driver who thnks he's doing the Mille Miglia and must get by at all costs, but driving is usually pretty sedate in the Alps, no worse than UK.

The worst bit about hiring a car in Venice Marco Polo is finding your way from Arrivals to the Car Hire area on the roof of the multi-storey car park next door, but they have done a swish covered travelator and good signage now. Then finding the way down the narrow ramps to get out...'USCITA' means exit!

The motorway is right outside the airport, so that's easy.

Mountain resort access roads can be windy, but usually kept clear, as most Italians are on summer tyres.

Just got to remember which side of the road you need to drive on!! wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy