Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

£20 Helmets at 'ALDI'

Poster: A snowHead
Ski Helmets at 'ALDI'' Heads Up.

Got mine today (in Black) for £20. Good product and a real Bargain

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_22168.htm
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cc_7up, bought some last year for my sons - seem to work well and not too sweaty !!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If these helmets only conform to EN 1077 standard I'm not sure I'd buy them for my kids. See here.

Bit that stuck out to me was :-
Quote:
Due to its less rigorous nature, given a choice, most helmet experts recommend that skiers and snowboarders avoid buying helmets which qualify only to CE 1077.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is still better than an unprotected head.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1162887/Ski-helmets-mandatory-Natasha-Richardson-suffers-ski-accident.html

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 5-12-11 21:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cc_7up wrote:
It is still better than an unprotected head.

An upside down plastic bin would be better than nothing. Not much style, though perhaps slightly more than the Aldi offering.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Was wondering when the label tarts would show up.... Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oops sorry forgot this was snowheads where every comment needs a sworn affidavit Toofy Grin wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 5-12-11 22:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oops sorry forgot this was snowheads where every comment needs a sworn affidavit Toofy Grin wink

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 5-12-11 22:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, Are they? Where's the source of that and you're obviously saying they have more than 1077 where's that? Saying they are made by Giro helps nothing - even if the were.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
allanm, sorry forgot this was snowheads where every comment needs a sworn affidavit Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
allanm, sorry forgot this was snowheads where every comment needs a sworn affidavit Toofy Grin wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing, Wish I had a screen shot of your posts above before you edited them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
allanm, Why?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
allanm, Why? would an affidavit help I'll e mail my mate at Lidl's for one shall I?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
duplicate post

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 5-12-11 23:28; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
duplicate post

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 5-12-11 23:28; edited 1 time in total
snow report
^^^ Yes, go for it, you have a mate then?
snow report
I'm in Reading tomorow pm me your address and I'll drop off a copy.
However, before then could you please explain your need for a personal snipe?
I dont know you and to my knowledge you have never met me and yet you turn to pathetic insults.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 5-12-11 23:36; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, No need for a [hard] copy, just post it here. Unfortunately not at home 2moz day, will be back in the evening though if you want to wait. I cook a mean curry - all Aldi ingredients - as if they wouldn't be. LOL......
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
However, before then could you please explain your need for a personal snipe?

That was due to the messages you posted and then edited / more or less deleted , you know that so just leave it.
snow report
What's this 'Heads Up' thread turning into then?

Handbags at Ten Paces?

Ok. Make sure you're wearing your Helmets.

rolling eyes
latest report
allanm, in that article you link to, it states that
Quote:
The Snell RS-98 standard is the most stringent ski helmet standard in the world, it is also ignored. For various reasons addressed later in this report, there are currently no ski and snowboard helmet manufacturers participating in the Snell certification program.
ski holidays
Don't see how you might expect them to be certified for more than CE 1077 Cat B. As I understand it it is impossible to meet Cat A without Ear Protection so most non-race ski and snowboard helmets don't qualify. Many brands e.g. Salomon, Smith etc quote CE1077 certification alongside ANSTA but I see the latter as broadly equivalent. As far as LIDL and Aldi go who will only ever be selling their goods in Europe the ANSTA certification is perhaps superfluous.
snow conditions

and a Snow Head sticker on one would look good and practical too snowHead

snow report
I see these are being advertised again.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-4-december/product-detail/ps/p/adult-skisnowboard-helmet/

Any "real world" snowhead reviews out there?
latest report
@kiteman69, here you go. Assuming same as last year's model, then fits me OK (not perfect, but nothing is - I have a funny shaped head), not too heavy, kept my head warm but not too hot n sweaty, not exactly stylish - but for the asking price, can you ask for more? No, it probably won't save me if I ski into a tree headfirst at speed, but for general knocks and bumps, I think it offers some protection - certainly better than a woolly hat. i fell a couple of times last winter, and bounced my head once on hard snow, and was glad of the extra protection. It's certainly as good if not better than all the riding hats/helmets I wore for many years when doing stupid stuff on horseback.
PS that's an old thread you've dug up Smile
ski holidays
geoff10 wrote:

Just trying to do my bit for the environment Razz
ski holidays
kiteman69 wrote:
geoff10 wrote:

Just trying to do my bit for the environment Razz

As I don't like wasting things I thought I would dig this old thread up. snowHead

Well after reading some bad stories on here over the past few weeks the Mrs and I have gone and took the plunge and bought some of these.

My wifes looks fantastic in white with wee pink detailing on it snowHead snowHead snowHead

I, however, look like a ski-ing mushroom Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@cc_7up, my local car mechanic is selling really cheap brake pads if you're interested?
snow conditions

http://youtube.com/v/Rnxl2wGfLYM
ski holidays
The most expensive helmet won't help much if you throw yourself head first into a tree.
latest report
@pam w, nor would it help if you got struck by lightning or fell off a cliff. What's your point?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy