Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier lessons

Poster: A snowHead
I'm toying with the idea of organising a lesson for the day before the Warren Smith course starts. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ian, have to asked if any of Warrens coaches are free?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ianmacd, I have a friend who teaches in Verbier, he also sometimes works for Warren. Not sure who he's working for this year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ianmacd, Warrens lads teach a free ride orientated style, ie max ankle flex and two footed skiing with thigh steering, if you are going to have a lesson before the course you would be well advised get it from them.
Or just have a rest day!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob wrote:
ianmacd, Warrens lads teach a free ride orientated style, ie max ankle flex and two footed skiing with thigh steering

How does that differ from (whatever other style)?

Just curious.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
abc, an on piste carving lesson would differ.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
abc, The Swiss Ski School, favor a piste style which is a bit more up and over than warren teaches, with the outside ski taking a lot more of the pressure when on piste carving.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the responses. Sorry not to have responded earleir but work has got in the way. I was really just considering a bit of a confidence boost prior to the course. I did the course last year and I am sure that I was the weakest skier there. I thought that maybe covering some of the terrain with an instructor in advance might help (and I have now done a further 2 weeks skiing). I have seen the web pages for Altitude, Adrenaline and New Gen and wondered if there was any feedback, couldn't find anything on a search. Maybe I'll pootle around with the guys from the chalet.

Mosha Marc, I had assumed that they would all be busy with their media commitments.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Both Altitude and New Gen are good - Adrenaline tend to focus more on a French speaking clientele. ESS and Maison du Sport - the Swiss Ski School also worth a look. If you're going to go for it have some clear objectives so that your teacher can focus on those.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Steve , I'll have a think about it. I think that my main objective would be not to be the last in my group every time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thamks, jbob, Mosha Marc. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve Sparks, comes down to a choice between blue jackets, black jackets, red coats or canary yellow all-in-one-suits
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ianmacd, wouldn't bother if I was you, if you are on the course for the following week. You won't get much out of it. I'd spend the day just skiing around, getting your legs warmed up and try and work on some of the basics you will have got off the last course - ankle flex, the bracquage/pivoting on your skis movement and thigh steering. You might get lucky with one of the other schools and get someone decent - I know good instructors who work for all the other ski schools, but equally you might not. Either way, by comparison with the level of instruction you'll be getting for the rest of the week it won't make any difference
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BGA, yes I think you are right. I'll have a wee look around and a practice.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ianmacd, and AFAIK Wozza & the lads are all working at the Verbier Ride on Sunday.
latest report
Does anyone know anything about Montagne Magique snowsports school? It is situated in Nendaz but I heard they are working in Verbier also. I'm thinking about hiring an off-piste instructor from MM. Any experiences?
latest report
musashi,

Not Sure about them working in Verbier but from what I have seen, having skied with one of them on his day off on one of the few really good powder days we had last season they are really top class
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy