Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any ski-kiting experiance?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading out to Czech-Republic in Feb for a few days ski-kiting on a frozen lake. Just wondered if anyone else has tried it and how the skills transfer. I ski on and off and been kiting for about 4 years now on the board and buggy.

Im assuming skills such as edging the ski's play a large role as you need to keep the resistance between the kite and yourself.Having the kite low in the sky would reduce potential lift but its still going to be there, thus reducing edging strength.

Any hints or tips on how the get the most out of it?

Cheers
Tom
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm sure I saw a thread about this on www.winterhighland.com. i think people had been trying it on some of the hills up north, maybe have a look over there?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Apparently there was someone ski-kiting on top of Cleve Hill, Cheltenham on Saturday !!! in real snow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleeve_Hill
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What kite do you use?

I assume you'll be wearing a harness?

I ski, and power-kite (buggy), but have never ski-kited.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's potentially highly dangerous. Avoid any location with obtacles anywhere near your trajectory. I know someone who was bady hurt at Glenshee by being pulled into stuff.

On a lake I should think it's fun and safe.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stevev, ski kiting on Cleve! I missed out there!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
stevev, ski kiting on Cleve! I missed out there!

I never saw it but a mate who stayed the weekend was out walking. Apparently he was over by the masts, near the trig point.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think i'll be taking my 7m Pegas Chimera on depower and 11m Peter Llyn Arc. The arc's nice and steady in low winds and gifts a nice bit of lift for playing about and the Chimera is nice and smooth over about 15mph+. Hopefully should be pretty clean winds (actually,"Hopefully there'll be some wind"...)

Apparently the lake measures about 2km by 9km so it'll probably take a bit of effort to find anything to hit!

Will check out WinterHighland. Cheers

T
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Someone on here posts as kitenski might be worth a PM
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TomTom,
Have kite buggied (On the beach) for a few years. Tried it on skis in La Rosiere last year. Found it very tiring as I did it at the end of the day on the pass above 2000m, so the altitude possibly played a part.

Saw it being done on the lake at Zell am See a few years ago and it looked fab.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kitenski has never actually done the two things together (yet)

Tom - are you the same Tom from Flexifoil/ Leeds Uni?? If so the guy who sold and demo'd the Chimera arranged a few trips out to the Czech Republic for kite skiing, maybe you'll get a better response on the flexifoil forums...

regards,

Greg
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy