Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires info

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all

I'm currently in the process of organising a trip to Les Menuires, and a couple of our group could do with a couple of mornings' private lessons at the start of the week to help them find their feet.
The only ski school I can find for Les Menuires is ESF-does anyone know if they are any good for private lessons, or know of any other ski schools which run out of the resort?

Also, I'm taking the clan which includes two ankle-biters-22 and 7 months, so any opinions on the Croisette creche would be very useful. I've been trying to find a private nanny service, but again, had no luck. They all seem to serve Meribel or Courchevel but not the Val T or Les Men. Any offers?

Finally-sorry for all the questions-we're staying in the Pierre Blanche; has anyone stayed there before?

Any information much apprecated!

Cheers everyone.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,
I've just booked some private lessons with this crowd www.skischool-lesmenuires.com. it's EUR170 for a 3-hour morning lessons and since there's 6 beginners in our group i figured that paying a bit more for private lessons will avoid the possibility of being held back by strangers in group lessons. I don't know what they're like though. From the website they seem to be 4 or 5 ski instructors and when I rang to book i was talking to one of them alright which seemed to indicate they have their own business. But when my payment went through on my card it mentioned esf and now looking at their website (in the "Legal Mentions" section) it says that the website is published by the local association 'ESF Les Menuires' ski instructors. So needless to say i'm a bit confused. They're obviously associated with ESF in some way but I've no idea how.
I don't know about any other ski school, sorry, Hope this helps! Confused
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have u tried that company, magic in motion? can't remember if they serve les menuires area but i've seen them around the st martin region... am very familiar with les menuires/meribel/val thorens/st martin/courchevel ski area as i've been going there for 10 of out my 18 years i have been skiing!

half of my family that came skiing had private lessons with ESF and were fine..its all about the instructor u get though...some of them just stand around speaking all the time and dont do jack all practical wise...so beware of that. my mum was in agroup lesson and loved it. so would recommend it i think.

anyway hope that helps sorry its not much :S
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi again
Thanks for your comments, but I've gone ahead and booked. ESF for group lessons for 4 (teachers' children going for the first time). Booked a few hours' private lessons for Prosneige for three pupils to get them up to speed after a couple of years off. Prosneige also do groups and would have used them if they could have offered lunchtime supervision for the staff children, but could only get this option from ESF.
Lynn-I did plenty of Google searches for 'ski school Les Menuires' so not sure why it didn't return with that particular website!!
After much searching, they were the only two ski schools I could find for Les Menuires!
Also decided to leave the wife and kids at home-she's got a dodgy knee and it wouldn't be much fun carting the nippers around and being packed into a hotel room between us. It's a pity that I still have to go but work can be tough sometimes... Toofy Grin

For info, there are no nanny agencies which cover Les Menuires, but the Tourist Office holds a list of nannies and babysitters who work privately-with their details (qualifications, experience, language skills etc). The Croisette club has also won awards in the past for its childcare.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Personally I had one of my worst ever ESF experiences in Les Menuire.. but perhaps I was unlucky..but being taken off-piste through trees at 4:30pm on day one with a group of mainly done one weeks, was pretty 'ucking stupid (IMHO!)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy