Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for a resort needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

My friend and I are planning to go to the Alps on the Easter break. Can anyone recommend a good place in the Alps (around the medium price range) . The main pre-requisites are good slopes and snow (blue and red pistes), proximity to the airport and to the pistes themselves...
We have already boarded this year (in Meribel and Andorra), this is another go, spur of the moment decision, sort of thing...

Appreciating your help!!

P.S.: We were even thinking going to the States, but, probably, will spend more time flying, then boarding..Or not?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello. How about Flaine? Not lovely, but good snow as a rule, plenty of blues and reds, close to GVA, ski in, ski out (I think). The satellite villages are more attractive but linked skiing not guaranteed at that time, I suspect.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I looked at Flaine and it seems what we need. We are making the arrangements now.
Do you think that a car may be required there or one can go move to/from airport and to/from the pistes in the area easily? I am searching for this info, but perhaps, you already know.
Thanks again for your help!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fier, jolly good. It's not the only place, though, don't just take my word for it (I don't think anyone has ever taken any notice of what I've said before!).

I've only skied there once, my wife has skied there several times. They always hire a car at GVA (Swiss side, of course) and drive. They stay in Les Carroz, a satellite village, and don't use the car during their stay (there are usually 6 of them and they only stay for 3/4 days, so a car makes sense). All the satellite villages except Sixt are well connected to Flaine, and a car is not needed, although you may not be able to ski back to them all at that time. In Flaine itself, I can see no need for a car. I'm sure that there are transfers from GVA, but I don't know.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fier, there are bus transfers from GVA - you should find the link on the GVA website for ski resort services, or go straight to http://www.altibus.com/index.aspx. Whatever you do, don't ever let the Cascades piste (blue) be your last run of the day if you don't have a car - there's a bus which will take you from the end of the piste in Sixt to the village of Samoens & the cable car, but if you haven't parked by the cable car you will be a bit stuck!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Whatever you do, don't ever let the Cascades piste (blue) be your last run of the day

Is this cruel experience talking? I think cascades will probably be shut now, it was thin and icy 2 weeks ago down at the bottom.
fier, look Here for Flaine info and here for Samoens and a bit on Les Carroz here
Have a good trip
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Martin Nicholas, I was staying in Samoens so no problem, but staying in any other village without a car in the Grand Massif Express carpark would deffo be a problem!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
vetski, The first time I did it, I left it too late. There is a bus that goes to Morillon but the lift had just shut. To get home I had to wait in the bar by the bus stop for nearly 2 beers before a Les Carroz bus came along Toofy Grin . Beware though, the bus stops in Morillon are not well signed.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
P10DW wrote:
I had to wait in the bar by the bus stop for nearly 2 beers before a Les Carroz bus came along Toofy Grin .

So...next month you'll be putting your watch forward a pint, will you? Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I skied in the Grand Massif area based on Samoens two years ago and thought it was pretty good. Flaine itself looks like a nucleur power station but there are loads of pistes and quite a big area to ski around. When I was there there was a brilliant Blue run all the way down the back of the mountain to Sixt Fer A Cheval with a bus from there back to Samoens.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

I think cascades will probably be shut now, it was thin and icy 2 weeks ago down at the bottom.

it might well be open at Easter though!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Oh yes, the last km was quite entertaining consisting of quick slides down the steep section of the zig zags with quite a big drop down the one side.
I remember it all now, it was an amazing run.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just got back from Flaine - and Cascades has been shut all week

Would def recommend Flaine as a resort though! We had a great time!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy