Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for good food and drink in Banff

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure I found this on a search previously but for some reason can't find it now....

I'm off to Banff next week so recomendations and suggestions greatly appreciated on wher good to eat and drink.

many thanks,
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ac505, enjoy Banff!

Our favourite is Saltliks mmmmmmmmmmmm Very Happy Very Happy

The Keg is good for a resonably priced steak

I find the Mapleleaf over-priced and not that great - never had a meal I've really enjoyed there.

PS - those are all restaurants!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The grub in Banff is generally pretty good. Dinner in the Bow River restaurant (and brekkie and Sunday brunch) in the Banff Springs Hotel is a must; an excellent buffet, the like of which I haven't seen anywhere. Other than that, Earls is good, the Keg does good steaks, the Grizzly House for eating elk, moose, that sort of thing. The Magpie & Stump does or used to do good Mexican food. There's a good value Italian on the main street, Banff Ave, called Giorgio's or something similar.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oooh yes, forgot about the buffet in the Banff Springs Hotel - that is a must for sure! Try to avoid the nights when the Club Ski lot go - Tuesday and Saturday nights I think? If you are having the 3 day lesson with Club Ski they have a get-together at the end of the 3 days with a meal at the hotel - you have to pay extra for of course. The instructors are keen they you go as they get a free meal from it Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Earl's and Saltliks both good restaurants - had our favourite meals in these. The steak in Saltliks is superb. Had good grub in The Rose and Crown and the Elk and Oarsman. The latter had a fantastic cheese and artichoke dip served with pitta if you like that kind of thing. The best value meal we had that was good was at The Old Spaghetti Factory.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Top quality fine dining at Post Hotel in Lake Louise - amazing wine list too! Sushi bars in banff are pretty good too Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Burgers in the Elk and Oarsman are great. Saltliks is a carnivor's dream. Melissa's do great breakfasts, and ribs of an evening. There are also amazing japanese and Greek places on the main street, but I can't remember their names.

Lunch at the Lake Louise hotel is surprisingly inexpensive, with views over the lake towards the glacier.

Happy munching Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Breakfast at Melissa's and great atmosphere and decent food at the Irish pub, St James Gate. Modern Fusion Tex Mex at Coyotes.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bumpers Steakhouse is very good, opposite the Inns of Banff at one end of the town.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Saltlik is the nuts, quite frankly. The burgers are astonishing and the menu works up from there. I can also heartily reccomend the Porter ("Pudding Ale") and the El Grande Fabo Cabo that they mix. Did my skiing no good at all.

Ohhhhh I so want a steak now. Striploin, damnit, won't someone explain to English butchers?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What's the name of the wee wooden restaurant, looks like it is getting squashed by the two surrounding buildings on the main street - has really wierd things like snake on the menu, phones at each table?

Well whatever it's called, go there!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I forgot the Lake Louise Station in LL. The food is very good, but the place and the atmos are excellent. Worth a visit, if only for lunch or a beer.

Fergus, I think that you're describing the Grizzly House.

Another vote for Bumpers, so long as you like large helpings of beef (if you don't, you're in the wrong country).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Breakfast in Melissa's,the great Greek place was Balkan I think,the best mountain lunch was Sawyers Nook at the Temple Lodge ( posh with waiter service upstairs), although Trappers on Sunshine is great and less formal), huge TexMex portions at Magpie and Stump.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond, Yeeeah, that must be the one! It was great fun, especially the inter-table telephones! [/immature]
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks all, I'll be sure to try out as many of these as possible!

Looks like a little new snow has landed too, can't wait to get there!!
ski holidays
Saltlik

Cheaper & fine family food- Melissa's and Paris's

Sushi at the Banff Springs is excellent but $$$$
snow conditions
Excellent little sushi bar on Caribou Street, just across the road from the Mount Royal. Good value, and the sushi comes round on a model railway. Tends to close early, though, so get there early evening.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, another vote for Trappers - pulled pork sandwich with chipotle - yum

Colin B, and another for Bumpers
snow conditions
Really like Magpie and stump for tex mex and jars of beer

Had lovely meal at the Bison the other night

Gryphea
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, the wings were divine.
ski holidays
Magpie and Stump is good food. Saltlik is excellent although expect to wait for a table between 7 and 9 (no booking). The Keg is reasonable for what it is. A couple friends ate in Georgios Wine Bar last night and i'm assured it is excellent. Buffalo Lodge is the nicest place I have eaten in Banff-had food most places except up at the Springs. Expect to pay upwards of $100 a head depending on how much alcohol you are drinking-wine list is also good. Grizzly House also.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy